PDA

View Full Version : "square shaped" recovery

SantaClaus
28th October 2009, 09:41
According to the guy on CNBC this morning. We are not looking at a "V" shaped recovery, but a "square shaped" recovery :rollin:

You could'nt make this stuff up!

sasguru
28th October 2009, 09:45
Square shaped, my arse.
Its an L-shaped non-recovery - because there is not enough world-class industry* to generate wealth for the UK.
This simple truth is proving hard to digest for the elite who'd rather bury their head in the sand.

*apart from aerospace, defence, pharma which don't generate enough to support a 65 million population.

DimPrawn
28th October 2009, 09:49
Square shaped, my arse.
Its an L-shaped non-recovery - because there is not enough world-class industry* to generate wealth for the UK.
This simple truth is proving hard to digest for the elite who'd rather bury their head in the sand.

*apart from aerospace, defence, pharma which don't generate enough to support a 65 million population.

Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of all the tax they'll pay.

Sorted.

Spacecadet
28th October 2009, 09:52
Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of the huge exports of Soylent Green we can make to the rest of the world

Fixed

alreadypacked
28th October 2009, 09:53
Ah, but when New Labour increase the headcount to 80 or 90 million through immigration, we'll be fine because of all the tax they'll pay.

Sorted.

Somebody has to have the money to fund the service economy.

threaded
28th October 2009, 09:55
Square shaped, my arse.
Its an L-shaped non-recovery -

'L-shaped non-recovery', I like that I think I shall steal it to use in a letter to the editor / news comment somewhere.

Sysman
28th October 2009, 10:39
'Square shaped' rhymes with 'pear shaped'.