• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day - Make room on that bench say I

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day - Make room on that bench say I

Last day today,
    I wasnt supposed to leave till 06th but boredom and 3 hours a day commuting took its toll (internet ban was the straw that broke the camels back)

I told my PM Id delivered all my goodies ahead of schedule and was happy to complete the contract if he gave me something to do, permy backfill starts next week so we agreed I leave today, the daily carnage of the M58, M57 and M6 will hopefully become an all too distant memory

theres chockies and donuts by the printer if anyone wants any

make space on that bench
    Last edited by badgerpig; 29 October 2009, 15:25.

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    Last day today,
    I wasnt supposed to leave till 06th but boredom and 3 hours a day commuting took its toll (internet ban was the straw that broke the camels back)

I told my PM Id delivered all my goodies ahead of schedule and was happy to complete the contract if he gave me something to do, permy backfill starts next week so we agreed I leave today, the daily carnage of the M58, M57 and M6 will hopefully become an all too distant memory (as will the gimp I sit next to)

theres chockies and donuts by the printer if anyone wants any

make space on that bench
    I hope that you didn't buy them....that's what permies do!

I left one place and they got arsey with me because I didn't buy them cakes. I told them I was going to be unemployed and that I wouldn't be wasting my savings on feeding a bunch of permies
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I hope that you didn't buy them....that's what permies do!

I left one place and they got arsey with me because I didn't buy them cakes. I told them I was going to be unemployed and that I wouldn't be wasting my savings on feeding a bunch of permies
      So the old art of building business contacts is not dead then?

How's the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        So the old art of building business contacts is not dead then?

How's the bench?

Yeah, "Will we hire that guy who did his job really well but never bought us cakes, or the guy who was tulip and bought us cakes".

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
          Yeah, "Will we hire that guy who did his job really well but never bought us cakes, or the guy who was tulip and bought us cakes".
          Exactly. What do you think sticks in the mind of permies more? The fantastic software system no one uses the week after you left or the luxury M&S cake mountain you left on that Friday?

"Hi just catching up, I was Bob the contractor, you remember, the one that bought 500 black forest gateau's on my leaving do".

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
            internet ban was the straw that broke the camels back
            Did they spcifically ban you from using the internet or was it a company policy?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

No, we won't hire them. We'll hire the guy that did his job well and fitted in ok too, even bought us cakes!

Every little helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                No, we won't hire them. We'll hire the guy that did his job well and fitted in ok too, even bought us cakes!

Every little helps.
                Fitting in = buy cakes?

Try talking to people rather than a fake cheap gesture.

Comment

Fitting in = buy cakes?

Try talking to people rather than a fake cheap gesture.
                  No you never talk to people. That leads to no end of problems.

Hey! Lets argue about cakes today.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Did they spcifically ban you from using the internet or was it a company policy?
                    company EMP
                    30 minutes per day which is fair enough Im not paid to surf but there was no work to do and I mean nothing, nishter, nada, like watching paint dry for 8 hours a day, secure site so we're not allowed dongles, usb's or anything remotely peripheral, designed them a reporting database as a freeby for something to do and it wasnt even my job, went throught their service improvement plan, all that was left was the solice of the internet

Comment

Working...
                    X