• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Mortgage approvals through the roof!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Mortgage approvals through the roof!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8331271.stm

Mortgage approvals rose to the highest level since March 2008, according to figures from the Bank of England.

The number of mortgages approved for house purchase, but not yet lent, rose another 3,000 in September to 56,000.

According to recent figures from HM Revenue & Customs, sales rose to 82,000 in September, double the number sold in January.

Gordon has the economy sorted. If the UK was fooked and people were unemployed, why are there a huge number of mortgage approvals going through?

The Tories have exactly zero percent chance of winning the election.

thanks Dim,

this is again another piece of fantastic news

well done to Gordon and his economic miracle,

you see all those years as Chancellor put him in the best position to lead the country through and out of the crisis

excellento

boomed

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

If the UK was fooked and people were unemployed, why are there a huge number of mortgage approvals going through?

The Tories have exactly zero percent chance of winning the election.
      Depends if this is in London and the SE - it could be a sign of bonus or investor money going into tangible assets - I believe (and I can't be ar$ed to find out where I saw this) that alot of these are cash sales, although I could be wrong. Combine this with increased demand on social housing, reduction in new builds, government pleading with banks to lend etc

I find it strange that we want to re-inflate this asset bubble. It's almost as if Gordon's career depended on it.

And yes, if the electorate believe the economy is doing fine again thanks to his "policies", then Dave could be in the sticky with a possible hung parliament or worse.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
      X