PDA

View Full Version : Eating crap throughout the day

Amiga500
29th October 2009, 16:08
Is it just me, or is it quite difficult not to eat crap throughout the day, I'm sure snacking on crisps and chocolates isn't ideal, but then there aren't many other options where I am. Oh well, mustn't grumble...

snaw
29th October 2009, 16:10
Is it just me, or is it quite difficult not to eat crap throughout the day, I'm sure snacking on crisps and chocolates isn't ideal, but then there aren't many other options where I am. Oh well, mustn't grumble...

It's just you, fatboy.

pzz76077
29th October 2009, 16:15
Take a banana 3 apples, 2 oranges, 2 carrots and some Rivita- type low calorie biscuits with you along with one of those 2% fat cheese spreads.

Will keep you going all day and cost about a quid fifty.

Only drawback is that you dont have to walk to the shop to get a sandwich at lunchtime so miss that bit of 'free' exercise.

PZZ

SorenLorensen
29th October 2009, 16:17
Take a banana 3 apples, 2 oranges, 2 carrots and some Rivita- type low calorie biscuits with you along with one of those 2% fat cheese spreads.

Will keep you going all day and cost about a quid fifty.

Only drawback is that you dont have to walk to the shop to get a sandwich at lunchtime so miss that bit of 'free' exercise.

PZZ

Plenty of free exercise walking back and forth to the shiter after eating all that fruit though...that's what I found when I started taking a big bunch of grapes to work each day!

VectraMan
29th October 2009, 16:22
At the last couple of gigs I'd visit the vending machine every hour or so just to escape the mind numbing tedium. Can't be good.

wurzel
29th October 2009, 16:44
Discovering habas mojadas was my downfall in that regard. Worse than pistachio nuts for sheer morishness.

HairyArsedBloke
29th October 2009, 16:50
This is what is happening to me working from home. Eat crap, no exercise, putting on weight.

I'm never, never going to do this again.

pzz76077
29th October 2009, 17:07
Plenty of free exercise walking back and forth to the tuliper after eating all that fruit though...that's what I found when I started taking a big bunch of grapes to work each day!

At least it gets you out of the office for a bit.

PZZ

Lockhouse
30th October 2009, 07:36
Take a banana 3 apples, 2 oranges, 2 carrots and some Rivita- type low calorie biscuits with you along with one of those 2% fat cheese spreads. PZZ

So that's not including a sandwich?

NetwkSupport
30th October 2009, 07:56
Keep frequenting the vending machine and you'll look like Jubba the Hut by the time you finish this contract!

Myself.. i take lots of fruit into work. I am also following the Paleo Diet as part of my gym routine (high protein low carb) which basically consists of no processed foods/sugars... so dont have the vending machine problem any more!

pzz76077
30th October 2009, 08:06
So that's not including a sandwich?

No, no sandwich.

PZZ

Scary
30th October 2009, 08:40
Know someone who uses these guys:

http://graze.com/

Looks a bit pricey to me.

gruntling
1st November 2009, 17:24
Just eat a couple of pieces of fruit - say an apple in the morning and banana in the afternoon.

Half a dozen apples and a bunch of bananas is less than 3 quid a week from the supermarket.

Platypus
1st November 2009, 21:12
This is what is happening to me working from home. Eat crap, no exercise, putting on weight.

I'm never, never going to do this again.

What, working?

I didn't think you did much anyway :happy

TimberWolf
1st November 2009, 22:07
I often get through a 230g bar of chocolate a day. Chocolate does count towards one of your five-a-day doesn't it? I find anything other than meat, cheese and chocolate is a pain in the arse to cook and eat. I do try to eat an apple every day or two though. Very boring. My other source of vegetables consists of a Big Mac every weekend if possible.

Lumiere
2nd November 2009, 22:51
Half a dozen apples

eating apples makes you more hungry :nerd

DeepBlue
3rd November 2009, 15:11
Keep frequenting the vending machine and you'll look like Jubba the Hut by the time you finish this contract!

Myself.. i take lots of fruit into work. I am also following the Paleo Diet as part of my gym routine (high protein low carb) which basically consists of no processed foods/sugars... so dont have the vending machine problem any more!

Woo how's it going? I'm failing miserably to keep prepared with enough meat!!! Falling back to carbs to get the calories in. Must eat more fat/protein... nom nom nom.

PerlOfWisdom
4th November 2009, 13:05

Where do you get all this crap - I only do a couple of pounds a day. Surely you don't eat other people's?

Halo Jones
4th November 2009, 13:15
I found that you do not realise how much crap you eat in a day until you stop. I decided to diet & it’s only on reflection that I have realised how much I could eat in a day.

SoupDragon
4th November 2009, 13:46
I eat healthy food all day (I do natural bodybuilding)

Takes a little bit of planning but once you get into the habit it's hardly onerous

Moose423956
4th November 2009, 13:59

Surely what comes out of your mouth is mostly crap, so if crap goes in and crap comes out, that must be a balanced diet!