• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

President Blairs hopes are dashed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Blairs hopes are dashed

Good news, don't want this Cheshire cat trickster to get anywhere near the helm of European power.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8333192.stm

They haven't even fully ratified the treaty yet, so the machinations over who will be the president won't start properly until that is done.

He's got plenty of time yet.

Remember, it ain't over 'til the fat chick sings.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

He shouldn't have spooned George W. Bush:

Jean Asselborn, Luxembourg's foreign minister, said: "Now in the United States, Obama is the president, it is no more Mr Bush. We have a new treaty, we have to reset Europe and we need to start with some new ideas. There is and will remain a link for the next generation between Iraq, Bush and Tony Blair."
      If the UK want to be a player in Europe then they're going to have to do something:

Jean-David Levitte, Sarkozy's most senior foreign affairs adviser, said: "The UK is not in the eurozone, nor in the Schengen [free travel area in the EU] and it has a number of opt outs. These are not advantageous in this search for a candidate."
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

To me even having an EU president is wrong wrong wrong.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Maybe a King instead. "Rise, King Blair".

Or perhaps 'Overloard'...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Where's the weeping smilie?

Comment

Actually I would like to see the EU make Bliar their president. It would make it virtually certain that we would leave the EU before the blood bath starts....
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Blair is the only candidate because he speaks English. If a Frenchie or Luxumborgian gets the job, nobody will understand what they are speaking about.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

United States of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    Actually I would like to see the EU make Bliar their president. It would make it virtually certain that we would leave the EU before the blood bath starts....
                    It's rather sad that most of those I've listened to who want Blair, only want him because they think it will all end rather badly, and in the process of doing so, think they'll get their desire of the UK leaving the EU.

Some even think like the quoted poster, that it'll end with us all killing each other yet again.

Not a very positive outlook is it?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X