• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How about Ryanair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Ryanair?

Was reading one of the post about usual Ryanair landings, and I dare to say that I have to agree, flew with them so many times.

However, I have heard mixed rumours about the company. Some say they pay special care to safety features while others say they don't. Can't find too much reference. Anyone has something to share?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Because Ryanair are a success, many think it's too good to be true - and therefore are looking for faults. There is nothing wrong with them.

Is it true Italians clap their hands on a successful landing?

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
      Because Ryanair are a success, many think it's too good to be true - and therefore are looking for faults. There is nothing wrong with them.

I have noticed that this is more common among eastern europen flyers now. I guess it generally depends how long you have travelled. Nowadays, most of italians are used to fly (but I remember 10 years ago the clapping was a must) so they don't clap anymore.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

why do Italians clap at the end of movies in a theatre ?

the actors aren't listening.

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
          why do Italians clap at the end of movies in a theatre ?

the actors aren't listening.
          They can't keep their hands still!

Comment

I linked to a thread on PPrune yesterday about a Ryanair captain who was demoted when he refused to do extra flights due to fatigue. There have been many others in a similar vein, suggesting management pressure to cut costs is compromising safety. Now I'm sure some of it is just gleeful bashing of a successful company but there's a significant weight of opinion, mostly from professional airline pilots, that Ryanair are a smoking hole in the ground waiting to happen. Its enough to convince me never to fly with them anyway.
            Last edited by Paco; 24 November 2005, 09:27.

Comment

Maybe because they think GOD has let them live a little longer to annoy the rest of europe?

Comment

Sorry I meant Chico not GOD

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                  Sorry I meant Chico not GOD
                  Please, explain the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    Please, explain the difference.

Nuff said Franko

Comment

Working...
                    X