• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car choice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car choice

Audi RS4 Cabriolet or Merc SL 55 AMG?

Can't decide. Which is going to increase my self worth more? Both are similarly priced (£30K ish) and both seem pretty quick.

What would you do?

Would always choose an audi over a merc. My A6 is far better speced
    than a similar priced merc or bmw. Merc just says you've got a small willy!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_woo View Post
      Would always choose an audi over a merc. My A6 is far better speced
      than a similar priced merc or bmw. Merc just says you've got a small willy!
      Merc it is then.

Cheers.

Comment

Only people from Essex buy a "Cabriolet" anything

Get the Merc
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Get the Merc
          Audi it is then.

Damn this is a hard decision.

Comment

Get the Merc
            They must buy a lot of rags tops then... I seem to recall that Britain buys the highest number of cabriolets per capita in Europe.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nurse! Dim needs his meds*

* After which he'll buy the car he can afford:
              high mileage, blinged up £1.5K X-reg BMW sitting in Mr. Patel's drive
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                They must buy a lot of rags tops then... I seem to recall that Britain buys the highest number of cabriolets per capita in Europe.
                yup, the increase in weight and corresponding decrease in performance, handling and fuel economy are all worth it for that one afternoon in June when you can take a mate* from work to the pub with the top of the car down.

You wanted to take that fit bird from accounts but she made some excuse about hair washing. Ah well
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

yup, the increase in weight and corresponding decrease in performance, handling and fuel economy are all worth it for that one afternoon in June when you can take a mate* from work to the pub with the top of the car down.

You wanted to take that fit bird from accounts but she made some excuse about hair washing. Ah well

Is there anything more useless than driving to the pub?
                  But I guess people must do that in the provinces.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Audi RS4 Cabriolet or Merc SL 55 AMG?

Can't decide. Which is going to increase my self worth more? Both are similarly priced (£30K ish) and both seem pretty quick.

What would you do?
                    Get yourself an environmentally friendly car, for much less (Pref 2nd hand) and donate the excess to friends of the earth or amnesty or something.

It's only fair.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X