• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New threads get more attention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New threads get more attention

No, not talking about clothing.

<self referential post>Posts which start new threads get more attention than hilariously insightful and witty responses tacked onto the end of an existing thread.</self referential post>

Percentage of people that whizz right to the end of an existing thread without bothering to read the comments as they are desperate to get their own quip in (and often repeat an existing quip): 76%
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Next
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Oops, wrong room.

Comment

Yeah but most people don't bother reading all the posts, they just want to get their word in.

Comment

Bloody attention seekers.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

next
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

next

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Absolutely. I never bother to read the crap that anyone else has posted.

I am also often the last commenter. This is because my comments are so witty, logical and conclusive that nobody afterwards feels they can compete on any level.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Next
                    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    next
                    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    next
                    WTS
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005