• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Massive waste of money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive waste of money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...te-change.html

But the summit text puts a 100 billion euros-a-year (£89.6 billion) price on curbing global warming by 2020, of which annual public funding is estimated at 22-50bn euros.(£19.7bn - £44.8bn.)

The EU's combined share of that would be between 7-10bn euros (£6.2bn - £8.96bn) a year by 2020.

UK officials say that, subject to the "conditional offer" being accepted in Copenhagen, the UK share of the EU contribution would work out at about £1bn a year by 2020.

Why not burn taxpayers money to ward off evil gods? Just as relevant.

I am thinking of getting SasGuru a christmas pressie. A lifetime subcription to 'The Flat Earth Society monthly'

Last month they had an article by the prestigious Dr Nean Detal entitled 'Dont drive for ages in a straight line, you WILL fall off'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Yes its all a conspiracy to get tax out of you

let's just call it a tax on stupidity.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes its all a conspiracy to get tax out of you

let's just call it a tax on stupidity.
        we all like attacks on stupidity. Lets tax war next.
        tax all those nasty conflicts into oblivion

Is there no way that this lot can govern apart from, tax , fine, tax, spy , tax

grrr

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How much carbon is produced by war?

That shows more than anything else, it's total bollox!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            How much carbon is produced by war?

That shows more than anything else, it's total bollox!!
            Probably less than the amount of carbon produced by all these politicians and "scientists" flying round the world to attend global warming conferences in swanky hotels

Why does swanky become swinky????
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Probably less than the amount of carbon produced by all these politicians and "scientists" flying round the world to attend global warming conferences in swinky hotels

Why does swanky become swinky????
              It's still bollox!!

Comment

I despair.

I am one of those on here who finds the arguments on manmade global warming fairly convincing and I think I have a background more suited to make that judgement than many of you.

Nevetheless, almost everything politicians are proposing is utter bollox. What is the point of green taxes that reduce the competitiveness of our industries and hand it to less energy efficient industries in China, adding transport emissions on top? What is the point of reducing our competiveness further by power shortages due to delaying coal fired plants when China is opening a new one every week? I am not entirely convinced about inefficient green solutions like windfarms or crop fuels which may generate more CO2 in their manufacture or the loss of trees than they contribute. "Aid to developing countries"? Good grief! Haven't we poured enough of the fruits of our efforts into that bottomless pit with no result already?

This issue generates a lot of heat but actually, a few things like CO2 capture aside, many solutions to the supposed problem could be agreed on by both sides as reducing fuel usage is essential anyway due to shortages, rising costs and the sourcing from potentially hostile states. Reducing enrgey use, whether you are a pro or an anti is surely a good thing.

It is mainly the incompetence, egotism, ignorance and dishonesty of too many politicians and vested interests that creates the opposition.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS If war kills enough energy consuming people it is a great move. We just need to find energy efficient ways of exterminating people. Plague germs are good.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Professor Bob Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLkz...eature=channel

Seems to know his onions....

Comment

Working...
                    X