PDA

View Full Version : Why do football players protest against cards?

d000hg
1st November 2009, 00:23
Is it even allowed for a ref to un-issue a card? I've never seen it so it's hugely rare if he can... so why do they follow him around after getting a card? Is there a reason or are they just annoyed?

minestrone
1st November 2009, 00:50
The decision stands and will not be revoked.

We have to put up with masonic orange refs hell bent not giving the catholic team an inch, count yerselfs lucky.

Zippy
1st November 2009, 01:03
Your average football player isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Iron Condor
1st November 2009, 01:25
Is it even allowed for a ref to un-issue a card? I've never seen it so it's hugely rare if he can... so why do they follow him around after getting a card? Is there a reason or are they just annoyed?

Psychological intimidation.

Scare the ref to reduce chances that he will issue a second yellow.

Probably has the opposite effect though.

centurian
1st November 2009, 08:40
When you consider that the FIFA president Sepp Blatter basically admitted that diving is okay, can we be surprised that they will every trick possible

Diestl
1st November 2009, 09:52
If you dont agree with something its natural to argue your point. I have seen some just walk off when they know they are busted.

Evil Hangover
1st November 2009, 10:19

'Some' footballers are nothing more than spoilt pampered children, who are yet to pass puberty. They lack respect for others, missed out on an education and are essentially useless to society.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 10:36

We have to put up with masonic orange refs hell bent not giving the catholic team an inch, count yerselfs lucky.

You're a bigot.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 10:42
You're a bigot.

Why exactly?

Churchill
1st November 2009, 10:44
Why exactly?

The evidence.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 10:48
The evidence.

I think that is a statement of fact, would you like to produce evdence to oppose what I said or do you just want to sling about insults without knowing anything on the subject?

Platypus
1st November 2009, 10:49
He's a mason - I think it's that part that upset him.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 10:51
I think that is a statement of fact, would you like to produce evdence to oppose what I said or do you just want to sling about insults without knowing anything on the subject?

It's not an insult, based on your sectarian posts I think you're a bigot.

In fact it is for you to provide the evidence backing up your conspiracy theory.

d000hg
1st November 2009, 11:08
Yeah everyone knows antagonism between different religions and cults is a huge conspiracy. That whole Irish thing... just spin.

Speaking of masons... :spank:

minestrone
1st November 2009, 11:13
It's not an insult, based on your sectarian posts I think you're a bigot.

In fact it is for you to provide the evidence backing up your conspiracy theory.

OK, Mike McCurry, baptist minister, mason, orange lodge member. Dropped from the refs list afer some shocking pro rangers decisions, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen lodged complaints after rangers games. Caught shagging a young girl in a car park.

More?

Bunk
1st November 2009, 11:21
OK, Mike McCurry, baptist minister, mason, orange lodge member. Dropped from the refs list afer some shocking pro rangers decisions, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen lodged complaints after rangers games. Caught shagging a young girl in a car park.

More?

Celtic get loads of dodgy decisions too. The people who should really be complaining are the fans of teams outside the old firm who get shafted regularly by the bias towards the 'big' two.

d000hg
1st November 2009, 11:29

More?Relevant how?

minestrone
1st November 2009, 11:32
Celtic get loads of dodgy decisions too. The people who should really be complaining are the fans of teams outside the old firm who get shafted regularly by the bias towards the 'big' two.

I will admit that the bigger teams get a bit more from the refs (nakamura against St Mirren) but McCurry's game in charge of Dundee Utd Rangers was the stuff of pure legend, a blind man's dog could see what was going on. Then he gets caught singing simply the best a few week later, then sacked.

There is no way a person with links to the orange order should be refereeing a game with a team that were until recently part owned by the orange order.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 11:40
Yeah everyone knows antagonism between different religions and cults is a huge conspiracy. That whole Irish thing... just spin.

Speaking of masons... :spank:

Why? Or is that just your ignorance coming to the fore?

Churchill
1st November 2009, 11:42
There is no way a person with links to the orange order should be refereeing a game with a team that were until recently part owned by the orange order.

What do you mean part owned by the order? I'm seriously intrigued.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 11:49
What do you mean part owned by the order? I'm seriously intrigued.

The orange order were, until recently, share holders in Rangers, they ditched the shares a few years ago after they were not allowed to have their "sash bash" in Ibrox. Probably a good move financially.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 11:55
The orange order were, until recently, share holders in Rangers, they ditched the shares a few years ago after they were not allowed to have their "sash bash" in Ibrox. Probably a good move financially.

The Orange Order held shares in Rangers?

Evidence?

There is a difference between individual people owning the shares and the order itself as I'm sure you realise.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 12:39
The Orange Order held shares in Rangers?

Evidence?

There is a difference between individual people owning the shares and the order itself as I'm sure you realise.

Oh FFS, please do try to keep up at the back if you want to try to engage me in this topic. read this book for starters (http://www.fortpublishing.co.uk/index.php?page=it-s-rangers)

You could even attempt to google "orange order sells rangers shares".

Churchill
1st November 2009, 12:54
Oh FFS, please do try to keep up at the back if you want to try to engage me in this topic. read this book for starters (http://www.fortpublishing.co.uk/index.php?page=it-s-rangers)

You could even attempt to google "orange order sells rangers shares".

I already tried that. Your post was the only one that showed up. Funny, eh?

Why would I read that book? Rangers are of no interest to me. I'm merely pointing out discrepancies in your "facts".

minestrone
1st November 2009, 13:06
I I'm merely pointing out discrepancies in your "facts".

What discrepancies? I have answered every one of your points and provided evidence to back up those answers. You seem to have not engaged those answers.

You might be able to lift heavy things but you are not the brightest item in the tool box, evident by your admission you could not get a degree.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 13:13
What discrepancies? I have answered every one of your points and provided evidence to back up those answers. You seem to have not engaged those answers.

You might be able to lift heavy things but you are not the brightest item in the tool box, evident by your admission you could not get a degree.

You've provided nothing of substance. No proof that the Orange Order owned shares in Rangers or that they sold them "recently".

The Google search you provided only returns your own bigoted views.

As for my "admission" that I could not get a degree, where did I post that? I am a chartered engineer and have never tried to obtain a degree. Maybe one day I will.

One thing is for certain, I'm clever enough to show your "facts" to be utter bollocks.

KentPhilip
1st November 2009, 13:51
Do you ever get players apologising to the ref, when they know the red card is justified?

centurian
1st November 2009, 13:55
Why would I read that book?

Because you asked for evidence and he directed to you to this book.

I'm not defending minestrone or his opinions, but you really did walk straight into that one.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 13:56
You've provided nothing of substance. No proof that the Orange Order owned shares in Rangers or that they sold them "recently".

The Google search you provided only returns your own bigoted views.

As for my "admission" that I could not get a degree, where did I post that? I am a chartered engineer and have never tried to obtain a degree. Maybe one day I will.

One thing is for certain, I'm clever enough to show your "facts" to be utter bollocks.

Do not know what search engine you are using. I get first off the bat..

ORANGE ORDER SELLS SHARES IN RANGERS TO MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ...The Scottish Orange Order is selling the bulk of it's shares in Rangers to it's members and supporters in a novel way which will see purchasers receive a

as for your chartered status, well, yes, I can get a degree in 30 minutes if I want, you will not be chartered with I Mech Eng, how much did you pay for your 'status'? What was that kiddy web site you put us to last time? Chartered Engineer indeed. They should stop people like you using these terms, they do in Germany, you are nowt more than a snake oil pitcher, devalue the purpose of learning. Nothing more you offer than a "sales engineer"

jmo21
1st November 2009, 14:04
guys, can you do this by PM if you have to?

or go to one of the football forum sites.

neither of you will ever concede to the other, I don't know why you bother.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 14:26
guys, can you do this by PM if you have to?

or go to one of the football forum sites.

neither of you will ever concede to the other, I don't know why you bother.

Absolutely not.

We have had enough of casual anti catholicism and blatant anti Irish feelings from where we live. We put up with it for too long and the "take it to PMs' attitude is simply trying to hide the weeping scab of West of Scotland sectarianim with a cheap plaster. As long as the rangers fans get to sing "the famine is over, why don't you go home" I am not going to hide my opinions from the public.

centurian
1st November 2009, 14:33
Absolutely not.

We have had enough of casual anti catholicism and blatant anti Irish feelings from where we live. We put up with it for too long and the "take it to PMs' attitude is simply trying to hide the weeping scab of West of Scotland sectarianim with a cheap plaster. As long as the rangers fans get to sing "the famine is over, why don't you go home" I am not going to hide my opinions from the public.

:spel

If it's such a big issue for you, then please learn how to spell it

jmo21 has a point though, so my last post on this thread.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 14:39
Absolutely not.

It strikes me that you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I asked you to post proof and you resorted to personal insults.

Fail - again.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 14:58
It strikes me that you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I asked you to post proof and you resorted to personal insults.

Fail - again.

I have pointed you in the direction of proof. You will get the proof you want from that which I have posted. It is not my fault that you are unable to follow up on that.

There was this thing we did at university called lectures where the lecturer would discuss a subject and point us to further reading, part of the learning experience was to go and read that further reading, after a few years of that I got a degree. Can you see what I am trying to tell you here?

blacjac
1st November 2009, 15:20
I have pointed you in the direction of proof. You will get the proof you want from that which I have posted. It is not my fault that you are unable to follow up on that.

There was this thing we did at university called lectures where the lecturer would discuss a subject and point us to further reading, part of the learning experience was to go and read that further reading, after a few years of that I got a degree. Can you see what I am trying to tell you here?

Regardless of the point you are trying to make, you are comming accross as a small minded biggot.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 15:29

Your "proof" according to "Google" consists of a single post on the FollowFollow.com Rangers Fanzine posted in 2004. Hardly conclusive.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 15:34
Regardless of the point you are trying to make, you are comming accross as a small minded biggot.

I am not sure what I have said that gives you the use of the term bigot, is my dismissal of Churchill and his lack of education bigotry?

Coming has 1 m, across has 1 c and bigot has 1 g.

HTH

Churchill
1st November 2009, 15:37
I am not sure what I have said that gives you the use of the term bigot, is my dismissal of Churchill and his lack of education bigotry?

HTH

Don't confuse the lack of a degree with a lack of education or ability.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 15:53
Your "proof" according to "Google" consists of a single post on the FollowFollow.com Rangers Fanzine posted in 2004. Hardly conclusive.

Dear God, I have given you a reference to a factual published book which I have read, in the book it explicity states evidence to back up my previous comments.

I have given you a link the to review which indcates what I have said, I will quite happily send you the book if you want.

You are trying to argue black is white on this one. Missing the point to argue over semantics.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 15:55
Dear God, I have given you a reference to a factual published book which I have read, in the book it explicity states evidence to back up my previous comments.

I have given you a link the to review which indcates what I have said, I will quite happily send you the book if you want.

You are trying to argue black is white on this one. Missing the point to argue over semantics.

Yeah, failing that scan the relevant pages and post the images.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 15:59
Don't confuse the lack of a degree with a lack of education or ability.

Believe me, you are not causing confusion on this thread.

Churchill
1st November 2009, 16:01
Believe me, you are not causing confusion on this thread.

I can only assume that you're drunk.

minestrone
1st November 2009, 16:11
I can only assume that you're drunk.

Nope, sorry.

blacjac
1st November 2009, 17:24

HTH

Bigots never are.....

HTH

jmo21
1st November 2009, 17:39
Absolutely not.

fair enough..... it's just that no-one outside Glasgow cares either way. You both sound ridiculous.

Carry on.

Sysman
1st November 2009, 19:28

It's part of the show. Simples.

TykeMerc
1st November 2009, 22:08
fair enough..... it's just that no-one outside Glasgow cares either way. You both sound ridiculous.

Carry on.

I must admit I don't care that much about an ancient sectarian divide that's perpetuated by the tribal combat and combat inducing ritual that is football. Mind you odds are if the two "old firm" teams belonged to the same type of god bothering club then they'd find something else to fight about.

I'd rather all of these pathetic football "discussions" were held elsewhere or failing that in the Light Relief section which has this description "For anything not too serious, now including sports-related banter and polls"

To answer the original question there are two points

1. They're morons
2. The football authorities haven't stamped it out by using punative punishments for offenders

If this type of ref abuse happened in either of the rugby codes the offender would find himself off the field PDQ.