• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MPs' expenses: David Wilshire compares treatment of politicians to Jews in Nazi Ge-ny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPs' expenses: David Wilshire compares treatment of politicians to Jews in Nazi Ge-ny

David Wilshire, the disgraced Conservative MP, has compared the treatment of politicians over their expense claims to the plight of Jews in Nazi Germany.

Mr Wilshire, who was forced to resign after paying more than £100,000 in expenses to his own company, said the “witch hunt” against MPs “will undermine democracy”.

“Branding a whole group of people as undesirables led to Hitler’s gas chambers,” he added.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...i-Germany.html

------------

Is this the SKA news we've been waiting for?

Comment

The MPs could certainly do with a bit of final solutioning. Why do we have about 800 of 'em in the Commons and Lords when there are only about 300 in the US Senate and Congress and their population is 5 times ours?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Is this the SKA news we've been waiting for?
        You are too impatient. its only 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          The MPs could certainly do with a bit of final solutioning. Why do we have about 800 of 'em in the Commons and Lords when there are only about 300 in the US Senate and Congress and their population is 5 times ours?
          The way the regions are broken up, ours is more representative and fine grained.

Bad anology though, people wouldnt mind if MPs where gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            The way the regions are broken up, ours is more representative and fine grained.

Bad anology though, people wouldnt mind if MPs where gassed.

Comment

I thought Godwin's law meant that references to Hitler only started after page 2?

Comment

"David Wilshire compares treatment of politicians to Jews in Nazi Germany"

Quislings and collaborateurs.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X