• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 'I dont have a clue what I'm talking about' Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'I dont have a clue what I'm talking about' Thread

This thread is for expressing strong opinions on a subject you admit you know nothing about.

Hey presto - no insults are possible, because you are 'Self-pre-insulted'

I'll go first :-

All Bankers are maniacs and the stock market will collapse soon, its no wonder piano expertise is brain-draining from this hell-hole of a country.
    rant over

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    This thread is for expressing strong opinions on a subject you admit you know nothing about.

Hey presto - no insults are possible, because you are 'Self-pre-insulted'

I'll go first :-

All Bankers are maniacs and the stock market will collapse soon, its no wonder piano expertise is brain-draining from this hell-hole of a country.
    rant over

Oi! You stick to "funny" stories and I'll stick to political and economic comment.

Okay?

Comment

It goes without saying.

Comment

This is the thread where AtW talks about his past girlfriends and sasguru talks about, well anything really.

Comment

If there was no debt, within a year the country would be back in the stone age.

If there was no debt, the lenders would go out of buisiness, the borrowers would have nowhere to go, investment would stop immediately and the whole of civilisation would grind into the dust.

Caveat - I really have no idea what i'm on about.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Apparently the earth will cross the galactic equator in 2012 which will disrupt the poles and mess everything up, the Mayans knew this so they didn't bother making calendars past this date... they've made a film about it and everything so it must be true.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Day Trading is a skill rather than a gamble.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Apparently the earth will cross the galactic equator in 2012 which will disrupt the poles and mess everything up, the Mayans knew this so they didn't bother making calendars past this date... they've made a film about it and everything so it must be true.

If they were such geniuses ,how come they could not predict their own extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  If they were such geniuses ,how come they could not predict their own extinction.
                  The Mayan Illuminati knew all about their own extinction, they felt it would be better to keep it quiet as these things tend to upset the general population.

Doomed I tell ye.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Vaccinations kill.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X