• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Meal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Meal!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8334353.stm

Bad news for pot-noodle lovers.

Though it seems to me the conclusion of this study is flawed and you could also conclude that people who are more likely to be depressed are more likely to eat carp.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Bad news for pot-noodle lovers.

Though it seems to me the conclusion of this study is flawed and you could also conclude that people who are more likely to be depressed are more likely to eat carp.

So you dont think what you eat effects your mental state?

Comment

Data on diet among 3,500 middle-aged civil servants was compared with depression five years later, the British Journal of Psychiatry reported.
        Mmmmmmmmmmm.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
          I think your mental state dictates what you eat.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
            I have some left over chilli con carni for lunch, so I'll let you know later on.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I have some left over chilli con carni for lunch, so I'll let you know later on.
              I would have had that for breakfast.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I think your mental state dictates what you eat.

Not so, I eat very well and I'm still bloody miserable.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I eat much crap food and I'm relatively happy. I'm fairly sure eating vegetables would make me miserable.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Mmmmmmmmmmm.
                    Indeed, five years under this mendacious government and I think you'll find everyone is depressed, regardless of their diet.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X