• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some ideas for Xmas prezzies.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ideas for Xmas prezzies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ires-Fair.html

I got the Merc last year. Might go for a pair of matching stuffed bear cubs this year.

yay.

I am getting the missus a photo frame keyring.

so she can look at pictures of the cats flit past whilst sitting in boring meetings

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

In view of the terrible suffering that has been the lot for most in 2009 (happily not for me) - can we please make CUK a Xmas Free Zone - or should I say MarksandSpendMass FreeZone ?

I stopped this prezzie nonsense some years back - and it is a swindle .... I thin it s fair to say that it seems to be women who drive all this business - it appears their self esteem can only be valued in terms of 'gifts' - thats very sad.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 3 November 2009, 09:32.

Comment

Fortunately all the chicas (friends and their spouses) have decided that we're not buying pressies for each year, thank flip.

It was fine before - some crappy scented candle or lush cosmetics and you were done. Then they started breeding.

Bah Humbug!

Comment

So it seems I am not quite alone in opting out of the Prezzie racket - anybody else opted out or even contemplated this ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            So it seems I am not quite alone in opting out of the Prezzie racket - anybody else opted out or even contemplated this ?
            I hope you dont have kids!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Yes. Kids are too old and wife too mean.

Last thing I got was a pair of moccasin slippers in 2006 - still going strong, if slightly pungent.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Bit late, I've already finished all my christmas shopping for this year!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images...s/fatgrill.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I hope you dont have kids!
                    Of course not - Im refering to 'peer' group giving - especially the expectations of partners ...

Comment

Working...
                    X