PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for Xmas prezzies.

DimPrawn
2nd November 2009, 14:24
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1224138/Diamond-encrusted-Mercedes-fridges-wrapped-snake-skin-Hummers-pole-dancing-stages-Welcome-Russias-Millionaires-Fair.html

I got the Merc last year. Might go for a pair of matching stuffed bear cubs this year.

EternalOptimist
3rd November 2009, 09:24
yay.

I am getting the missus a photo frame keyring.

so she can look at pictures of the cats flit past whilst sitting in boring meetings

:rolleyes:

AlfredJPruffock
3rd November 2009, 09:27
In view of the terrible suffering that has been the lot for most in 2009 (happily not for me) - can we please make CUK a Xmas Free Zone - or should I say MarksandSpendMass FreeZone ?

I stopped this prezzie nonsense some years back - and it is a swindle .... I thin it s fair to say that it seems to be women who drive all this business - it appears their self esteem can only be valued in terms of 'gifts' - thats very sad.

Pondlife
3rd November 2009, 10:04
Fortunately all the chicas (friends and their spouses) have decided that we're not buying pressies for each year, thank flip.

It was fine before - some crappy scented candle or lush cosmetics and you were done. Then they started breeding.

Bah Humbug!

AlfredJPruffock
3rd November 2009, 13:53
So it seems I am not quite alone in opting out of the Prezzie racket - anybody else opted out or even contemplated this ?

BrilloPad
3rd November 2009, 13:57
So it seems I am not quite alone in opting out of the Prezzie racket - anybody else opted out or even contemplated this ?

I hope you dont have kids!

bogeyman
3rd November 2009, 13:58

Yes. Kids are too old and wife too mean.

Last thing I got was a pair of moccasin slippers in 2006 - still going strong, if slightly pungent.

Spacecadet
3rd November 2009, 14:10
Bit late, I've already finished all my christmas shopping for this year!

DimPrawn
3rd November 2009, 14:29
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/fatgrill.jpg

AlfredJPruffock
3rd November 2009, 14:36
I hope you dont have kids!

Of course not - Im refering to 'peer' group giving - especially the expectations of partners ...