• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Traning expenses via limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traning expenses via limited company

Hi,

I have a UK limited company.

I have partially expensed through that UK limited company a training (a part-time Master Of Business Administration degree) that help me to inprove my skills in order to perform my job.

I think the UK tax man is very likely to challenge that expense. What can I do?

Can I repay that expense to the company even though the expense occured in a different tax year?
    What would it cost?
    Will I be fined by teh UK tax man for doing so?

Thanks for your help.

D.

in title.

A degree in 'using the search tool on this site' would help you no end TBH.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's almost certainly a Benefit in Kind (there's been a lot of discussion about why that it is so...). Declare it as such on your next SA form and pay the associated tax. Don't declare it and risk going to jail. Simples...

But if you have an accountant, get an expert opinion.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X