• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Eyes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Eyes

When I was a youngster, my eyes were situated on the sides of my head, like a guppy.
    This was excellent, because it gave me good all-round vision, making it very difficult for bullies or other ne-er do wells to sneak up on me and attack me. I could spot danger from nearly 360 degrees.

But as I have gotten older (and more bulky) I have noticed that my head is getting fatter. This has led to my eyes getting closer together, therefore making me more vulnerable from the rear.
    On the plus side, I now look more like a focussed predator with stereo vision, but I cant help feeling that someday soon, the burglars will notice my weak spot and take advantage.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

This is a toughy... Quetzalcoatl?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      When I was a youngster, my eyes were situated on the sides of my head, like a guppy.
      This was excellent, because it gave me good all-round vision, making it very difficult for bullies or other ne-er do wells to sneak up on me and attack me. I could spot danger from nearly 360 degrees.

But as I have gotten older (and more bulky) I have noticed that my head is getting fatter. This has led to my eyes getting closer together, therefore making me more vulnerable from the rear.
      On the plus side, I now look more like a focussed predator with stereo vision, but I cant help feeling that someday soon, the burglars will notice my weak spot and take advantage.

If your eyes are also slowly moving across your face you might want to spend less time lying on the sea bed.

HTH
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        On the plus side, I now look more like a ripe long pig with tasty meaty chunks,
        FTFY
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X