• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 3 UK Businessmen/women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3 UK Businessmen/women

Inspired by the survey (sticky: national freelancers day), I'm interested in the panel's view on their favourite UK businessmen/women, and why.

I found this one quite hard to answer. One choice was Richard Branson - purely because he's a plucky, winsome chap. The other would be James Dyson, for the grassroots beginnings and engineer's determination, but the third crown is either for the head of the Co-op, or the John Lewis Partnership, for their ethical leadership in UK industry.

Thoughts?

I'm rather impressed by that Tim Martin chappy. Ok, so Wetherspoons aren't to everyone's taste, but he's managed to succeed and expand in a field where the established mob have dive-bombed - look at all the pubs that have closed down.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Inspired by the survey (sticky: national freelancers day), I'm interested in the panel's view on their favourite UK businessmen/women, and why.

I found this one quite hard to answer. One choice was Richard Branson - purely because he's a plucky, winsome chap. The other would be James Dyson, for the grassroots beginnings and engineer's determination, but the third crown is either for the head of the Co-op, or the John Lewis Partnership, for their ethical leadership in UK industry.

Thoughts?
      Never trust a hippie.

Can't stand the man.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I went for AtW, DimPrawn and AndyW.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Fair enough. But if you were to answer it seriously... ?

Comment

Thinking about it some more, I should have included Anita Roddick, founder of the Body Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Never trust a hippie.

Can't stand the man.
              It's the fixed, fake smile that's the giveaway, I find. A characteristic he shares with a certain A. Blair.
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                It's the fixed, fake smile that's the giveaway, I find. A characteristic he shares with a certain A. Blair.
                Aye, I was going to mention that <censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored><censored> <censored><censored><censored><censored> too.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

I won't post My Lunch threads for a month now...

Comment

I think I had Dyson, Roddick and James Martin

Comment

Working...
                    X