• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life

With David Attenborough, BBC1. Most excellent series, but do the sound effects bug you? Most of the sounds (who knows what proportion, perhaps some are even real, but you'd never know it) are a fiction accomplished in a sound lab with coconut shells and whotnot. I get a bit fed up with them until I detach myself from the action and perhaps concede they add to the drama, or am snapped out of it forcefully when, for example, a fish roars.

I know what you mean, The Blue Planet (only narrated by Attenborough) was terrible for it, especially for the deep sea segements
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Excellent TV although I think I enjoy the "how they filmed it" at the end best.

The young chappie free diving to film the humpbacks was great IMHO.

Comment

Life is a tale told by an idiot -- full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          With David Attenborough, BBC1. Most excellent series, but do the sound effects bug you? Most of the sounds (who knows what proportion, perhaps some are even real, but you'd never know it) are a fiction accomplished in a sound lab with coconut shells and whotnot. I get a bit fed up with them until I detach myself from the action and perhaps concede they add to the drama, or am snapped out of it forcefully when, for example, a fish roars.
          There was a news item some time ago about the long established BBC sound effects department being closed down and work being outsourced.

Coincidently I was watching a BBC program an architecture last week and the camera work was so poor (like an amateur first time home made movie) I just switched it off.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Excellent series
            totaly worth paying license fee for

Comment

Working...
            X