• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That is it : I am becoming a programmer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is it : I am becoming a programmer.

Ohh so many thoughts...

Anyway here we are.... I have now about had it all with trying to secure a job in MS Infrastructure position .... So basically I have to start studying programming .... the other options is to , well end up on the street.

I have always hated programming. Not for the reason you may think. For the reason that with programming YOU DO ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK .... it is so muuuuuchhh easier than with Infrastructure jobs ... I am so used to doing simple stuff - you know Install server , create a script. I DONT want to be doing business analysis , or have to pretend I CARE about what happens to the clients Business( Well of course we care , it is just we care for one other thing more ) . So basically you have to think in programming. ( some programming lot might feel the same way but under their circumstances. )

And learning programming for what ? in few years it will follow the path of Infrastructure jobs... but hey... we do what we gotta do...

But anyway....

Programming's a rather large subject. You might want to break it down a little.

Comment

Save yourself some pain and don't do it. You either are a programmer or you ain't - it's to do with how your brain works (for blokes anyway )
      Seriously, if you are not interested in programming then you will find it frustrating, incredibly difficult and career shortening, so pick something else.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Save yourself some pain and don't do it. You either are a programmer or you ain't - it's to do with how your brain works (for blokes anyway )
        Seriously, if you are not interested in programming then you will find it frustrating, incredibly difficult and career shortening, so pick something else.
        WHS

Programming is not really something you can just pick up. Try getting into virtualization technology, or become a CISCO bod.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

When did the MS infrastructure market die?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            WHS
            WSS

FTFY
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

WSS

FTFY
              Are you sure you are a woman?

Comment

Same is the case with websphere...

I am currently finding incredibly hard to get a contract.

I have about 2 years of contractng experiance and about 7 years of experiance in Websphere MB, WAS and MQ and I am on bench since last 3 months.

There are some bank jobs here and there but they need banking experiance..

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Are you sure you are a woman?
                  I've just checked and it is confirmed.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I've just checked and it is confirmed.
                    I don't suppose you look anything like this one?

Comment

Working...
                    X