• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS & Lloyds branches 'sell off' what does this mean for my account with them ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS & Lloyds branches 'sell off' what does this mean for my account with them ?

I haven't had much time to read up on this or watch the news but what is going on exactly ? from what I understand some European commision have created a mandate for the UK government to break up and sell off their majority state owned branches of RBS and Lloyds in order to eliminate 'unfair competition'.

Does this mean that one's RBS and Lloyds current account could be sold off to Bill Swadiwadi bank and managed by them ? surely not.

What on earth is going on ? please explain.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    in order to eliminate 'unfair competition'.
    And you think having Lloyds TSB controlling like over 50% of retail market is fair or in other words competitive?

Lloyds TSB is likely to be broken up alongside it's branch network - those who were with TSB (very old), Halifax (recent) etc will probably end up in a new bank.

The great irony is that it looks like shareholders of Lloyds TSB will get another shafting - it won't be just bad assets separated that they were forced by Grown to buy, but also good ones, so in effect Lloyds may become smaller than it was before competition - I was really unhappy whey it got into this tulip with Halifax, they should have stayed away from it.

Comment

I hold Lloyds shares
      Is there any hope for me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        I hold Lloyds shares
        Is there any hope for me ?
        Your only hope is threaded's time machine...

Comment

It means nothing for your account with them. There will be no change to existing Ts & Cs for a while, according to this morning on R4.

Comment

Don't worry, you'll get the same tulip service and laughable interest rates on any savings you have.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
              I haven't had much time to read up on this or watch the news but what is going on exactly ? from what I understand some European commision have created a mandate for the UK government to break up and sell off their majority state owned branches of RBS and Lloyds in order to eliminate 'unfair competition'.

Does this mean that one's RBS and Lloyds current account could be sold off to Bill Swadiwadi bank and managed by them ? surely not.

What on earth is going on ? please explain.
              It's just another bail out.

These bail outs will continue until someone says no more.

It's all a race to the bottom you see.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Don't worry, you'll get the same tulip service and laughable interest rates on any savings you have.
                WHS. I have moved substantial sums out of Llloyds and have about 3 accounts with odd amounts like £6.73, $3.78 and £8.99 in them.
                This will be my revenge for their poor service.
                It will cost them more to service my accounts than their value

And they're so crap they won't notice for months.

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X