• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE by end of Dec 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE by end of Dec 2009

Where will the FTSE close on the last trading day of the year? See poll.
    5.88%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    29.41%
    17.65%
    5.88%
    23.53%
    0.00%
    5.88%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    AndyW's bottom.
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

If the Pound drops, does the FTSE go up because it's measured in Pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      If the Pound drops, does the FTSE go up because it's measured in Pounds?
      In a way as most of the FTSE companies make their money in currencies other than GBP, so a weak pound means they make bumper profits.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In a way as most of the FTSE companies make their money in currencies other than GBP, so a weak pound means they make bumper profits.
        Disclaimer: What goes up can also go down. And vice versa.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Bumber profits measured in (devalued) £'s?

Comment

Whoops, wrong button. I meant 3500, not 4000.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              And you spend all day pushing buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                And you spend all day pushing buttons?

Several years ago I was setting up the trading system whist talking to ex-mrs HAB. She was pestering me to go out like I had agreed. She asked, "how does that work then". I explain as simply as I could and say "like now, I think it's going to go up so I'd press 'BUY' ". All of a sudden, I get a fill back from the brokers.

I closed it out about 15 mins later for a nice couple of hundred bucks profit. Which was nice.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Several years ago I was setting up the trading system whist talking to ex-mrs HAB. She was pestering me to go out like I had agreed. She asked, "how does that work then". I explain as simply as I could and say "like now, I think it's going to go up so I'd press 'BUY' ". All of a sudden, I get a fill back from the brokers.

I closed it out about 15 mins later for a nice couple of hundred bucks profit. Which was nice.
                  Yep, I've worked on some systems where the traders thought they were connected to "demo" when it was in fact "live"!

Luckily they accidently made money or we would have been in deep tulip.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X