• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want to buy a C5...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to buy a C5...

but my sensible side is saying I will look like a tw@t.

I have thought about buying a second hand sinclair C5 and restoring it - which technically wouldn't be too difficult. The downside is I will probably get bored quickly and feel like a d!ck driving it.

Anyone own one?

Anybody got anything similarly quite nerdish?

Clive looked cool in one.

Comment

Did you know the C5 was manufactured by Hoover in their washing machine factory in Merthyr Tydfil?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Not a Citroen then, that would be really foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Did you know the C5 was manufactured by Hoover in their washing machine factory in Merthyr Tydfil?
          Have reparied a few washing machines in my time, but the C5 was a custom DC motor and gearbox AFAIK - seriously don't know how he wasted 14 million (or something like that) developing it.

Comment

I remember the Spitting Image sketch when everybody was talking about how dangerous they were:

"It's an invalid carriage".
            "But I'm not an invalid".
            "You haven't driven one yet".
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              Have reparied a few washing machines in my time, but the C5 was a custom DC motor and gearbox AFAIK - seriously don't know how he wasted 14 million (or something like that) developing it.
              http://www.alangeorge.co.uk/sinclair_c5_Production.htm

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I must add that I in no way am going to use this to commute or even on a busy road.

Comment

I was straight on ebay looking at the C5s a few weeks back after that Micro Men thing on BBC... I want one too!

I have a Citroen already so I don't care.
                  Last edited by moorfield; 3 November 2009, 12:03.

Comment

I drove one once - for a whole 10 - 15 feet in a lab.

I'd never go on the open road with one, but something deep down in my water says that it, or a successor, may make a comeback.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X