• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ie-desert.html

presumably not in that order? I didn't realise crucifixion was still practised

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

From the article...

Crucifixion in the conservative desert Kingdom means tying the convict’s body to wooden beams to be displayed to the public after he is decapitated by a professional swordsman.
    If you are going to post stuff from the Daily Heil you could at least read them first so the rest of us dont have to suffer.
    Last edited by DaveB; 4 November 2009, 10:48.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

ME, they like to keep their traditions alive
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

At least he gets to keep his balls.....

PZZ

Comment

I worked in Riyadh for a couple of years and these beheadings were almost a weekly event down in Chop Chop Square.

Made sure I was never in that area on a Friday around lunchtime prayers. Knew a couple of people who did go and they regretted it. The religious police (muttawa? motto = "for the promotion of virtue and the prevention of vice") used to ensure that if you were a westerner you got a front row seat.

Don't think they crucified anyone, though I believe it's still big in Sudan.

Comment

Crucifixion's a doddle!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              Knew a couple of people who did go and they regretted it.
              I think it would be quite interesting.

Comment

No loss IF he did it I suppose. But look how many cases there have been here recently of wrongful conviction.

Capital punishment makes no real sense. Most cases are about balance of probability and capital punishment just makes juries more reluctant to convict, increasing the number of dangerous people who go free.

PS The Saudis are just barbaric. Good old Islam.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  No loss IF he did it I suppose. But look how many cases there have been here recently of wrongful conviction.

Capital punishment makes no real sense. Most cases are about balance of probability and capital punishment just makes juries more reluctant to convict, increasing the number of dangerous people who go free.
                  By that argument, the lesser the punishment, the more crims are convicted?

Sorry, I don't buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    I worked in Riyadh for a couple of years and these beheadings were almost a weekly event down in Chop Chop Square.

Made sure I was never in that area on a Friday around lunchtime prayers. Knew a couple of people who did go and they regretted it. The religious police (muttawa? motto = "for the promotion of virtue and the prevention of vice") used to ensure that if you were a westerner you got a front row seat.

Don't think they crucified anyone, though I believe it's still big in Sudan.
                    Probably not one to be too close to in your best suit. Based on a quick back of the envelope calculation, with a blood pressure of 120mmHg = 0.16 bar provides a spurt height of about 1.5m, which if angled at 45 degrees to the rostrum gives about 3m range. Or further if the beheadee is feeling a bit nervous about what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X