• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kerrrrrrrching. Insurers cashing in on "Climate Change"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerrrrrrrching. Insurers cashing in on "Climate Change"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8342120.stm

The report for the ABI, which included predictions from the Met Office, studied the financial effect of temperature increases of 2C, 4C and 6C.

Based on a 4C rise, the average annual insured losses from river flooding and flash floods in the UK could rise by 14% to £633m by 2060. Windstorm losses could rise by 25% to £827m each year.

However, in the south-west of England, flood damage losses could increase by 29%.

There's a plan B for someone as rich as yourself DP. Buy lots of houses at the top of hills and just wait for them to appreciate.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Why are there no studies into the benefits of climate change?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's lucky for shareholders that you're an unemployed wannabe from Swindon rather than an insurance co. executive, innit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          There's a plan B for someone as rich as yourself DP. Buy lots of houses at the top of hills and just wait for them to appreciate.
          Ok they will avoid the river/water premium but they will be hit with the wind one!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Vineyards in York could be a winner....

Comment

Don't mock my religion.

Sasguru.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Yeah, there's tons of benefits:
                • Lower heating bills.
                • Mediteranean plants and an olive grove growing in my garden.
                • Warm winter days, perfect for a nice walk.
                • No de-icing the car every morning in the winter.

Oh, did I mention? I live on top of a hill
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                X