• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colditz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colditz

Does anyone remember the board game Colditz ?
    You had a bunch of little wooden pieces that represented prisoners and you collected cards that provided kit that helped you escape. Like ropes and wire cutters.
    The German player had cards that helped him keep you all locked up.

Well I saw a boardgame in Waterstones yesterday called Rotten Romans.

The gladiators have to escape from Rome by using cards they accumulate, blah blah blah.

It looks like a blooming rip-off to me

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Ah Colditz! Loved that game!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      You had a bunch of little wooden pieces that represented prisoners and you collected cards that provided kit that helped you escape. Like ropes and wire cutters.

The gladiators have to escape from Rome by using cards they accumulate, blah blah blah.

Yep, remember it well. The Chapel Tunnel, going over the wall, the guards calling Appel just as you were about to make your move. Excellent game
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Loved that game.
        Particularly when I was the German and I had a Shoot to Kill card

Comment

£65 will buy you a first edition of the game.

http://www.sircollectalot.co.uk/boar...-/prod_25.html

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Yes I remember that as a kid, my daughter is going to miss out on all the new fangled games as I've taken to collecting old classics. I'll add Colditz to the list of games to look out for.

So far I have:

Cluedo
            Guess who?
            Connect four
            Stratego
            Risk

She's only 2.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I remember "Do or die" card...

Comment

Indeed Coldiz was a classic

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                going to miss out on all the new fangled games

Do not write of all new games, admittedly the ones generally available on the English High Streets are terrible but there are a lot of decent games out there, for advice & reviews check out the forums on BoardGameGeek.com

There seems to be a resurgence in board games as even Amazon i s now stocking decent stuff.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Indeed Coldiz was a classic

Do not write of all new games, admittedly the ones generally available on the English High Streets are terrible but there are a lot of decent games out there, for advice & reviews check out the forums on BoardGameGeek.com

There seems to be a resurgence in board games as even Amazon i s now stocking decent stuff.
                  Any relation to BGG here?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yes there is a link - I married him & yes that is where he nicked his avatar name from
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X