• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091028...s-6323e80.html

Soaring food prices could leave UK consumers forking out almost £6.50 for a loaf of bread and more than £18 for a pint of beer by 2030 unless urgent action is taken to avert dangerous climate change, environmentalists have claimed.

Everyones on the Climate Change gravy train bandwagon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Kerrrrrrrching!

next contract I will offer clients the opportunity to offset any carbon produced during my contract for only an extra £50 per billable day
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

If they keep printing money... err I mean doing this "QE" thingy, then pint will cost even more

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        next contract I will offer clients the opportunity to offset any carbon produced during my contract for only an extra £50 per billable day
        Current client has a section on carbon footprint of the project for all investment/funding requests.

Comment

Hang about, I'm sure I've seen/read a report that states that yields would go up with higher Carbon Dioxide levels?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091028...s-6323e80.html

Soaring food prices could leave UK consumers forking out almost £6.50 for a loaf of bread and more than £18 for a pint of beer by 2030 unless urgent action is taken to avert dangerous climate change, environmentalists have claimed.

Everyones on the Climate Change gravy train bandwagon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Kerrrrrrrching!
            Does anybody know the cost of a pint in 1967?
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I wonder if we murdered all the climate change fanatics, how much valuable resource (food, fuel, travel) that would save?

Enough to justify it, I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Does anybody know the cost of a pint in 1967?
                A casual Google indicates about 2 shillings.

Why not ask Zeity ?

Comment

I think inflation is accelerating since the last 20 years and peak oil will make matters worse. The money we save for retirement will be worth peanuts.
                  Get readly to live like a tramp in the old age

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    A casual Google indicates about 2 shillings.

Why not ask Zeity ?
                    Ok - so in 2030 a pint will be 18 quid. Say it's 3.50 to 4 quid now.
                    18/3.5 = 5.14 - So a pretty big increase there

In 1967 if a pint was 10p, I know that in the late 80's, a pint was close to 2 quid. That's a 20 fold increase in a 21 year period. was there global warming then also?

The 21 years between 88 and now have been good in price of a pint terms
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X