• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown - please go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown - please go

Wednesday 4 November 2009
    please-go - epetition response
    We received a petition asking:

“We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to resign.”

Details of Petition:

“There are many reasons why we might want Brown to resign, but rather than having lots of narrow petitions on this topic (most of which have been rejected), I wanted one for all of us.”

Read the Government’s response

The Prime Minister is completely focussed on restoring the economy, getting people back to work and improving standards in public services. As the Prime Minister has consistently said, he is determined to build a stronger, fairer, better Britain for all.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

That'll be a "no" then...

Comment

What makes you think the Prime Minister should take notice of the voters when they say they want him to go?

He's an unelected, hereditary PM anyway. WTF has it got to do with us?

I wish I was the leader of the opposition. I'd start every session waiting for the one-eyed <ethnic minority> idiot to speak, then call out:

"F*** me. Are you still here?"
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        What makes you think the Prime Minister should take notice of the voters when they say they want him to go?

He's an unelected, hereditary PM anyway. WTF has it got to do with us?

I wish I was the leader of the opposition. I'd start every session waiting for the one-eyed <ethnic minority> idiot to speak, then call out:

"F*** me. Are you still here?"
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

The Prime Minister is completely focussed on restoring the economy, getting people back to work and improving standards in public services. As the Prime Minister has consistently said, he is determined to build a stronger, fairer, better Britain for all.
          Labour have had 12 years to achieve this with him either very close to or actually at the helm for the entirety of this.
          So far social mobility (What I think is the true test of fairness) has decreased.

Roll on the election
          The Tories may not be any better, but hopefully the past decade of watching from the wrong side of parliment has made them at least a bit more humble in their approach to governance
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            hopefully the past decade of watching from the wrong side of parliment has made them at least a bit more humble in their approach to governance
            And that's what the blue self-serving, lying toerags rely on to get elected. (As opposed to the red self-serving, lying toerags.)

They won't be humble, they're politicians FFS.

What we need is a "Just vote for anyone else other than your current MP" campaign. Or maybe "Just vote for an independant and give both lot a shock" campaign.

Or maybe a "Vote for the one with the biggest tits" campaign under the guise of positive discrimination.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X