• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you think you will still be 'working' in IT in 5 years?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think you will still be 'working' in IT in 5 years?

See poll.

Working includes being an IT permie. Those that expect to 'voluntarily' leave IT within 5 years count as ''No's" and make your own minds up about whether managing (of e.g. Bob) counts as working.
    Yes, I am optimistic about the future of IT in the UK
    38.89%
    No, UK IT is in its death throws
    27.78%
    Not sure, every day is a bonus
    20.37%
    AndyW would have a better idea
    12.96%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    See poll.
    Where?

Comment

I pressed the wrong button when I went to put in the last poll option and lost them all

Comment

I hope not to be working in five years.

The way the government are going though I may still be working in 50.

Comment

I refuse to participate in polls with spelling mistakes.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I refuse to participate in polls with spelling mistakes.

HTH
            I just vote Andyw.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I have legacy skills. I'd be amazed if I could even get another contract after this one

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                I hope not to be working in five years.
                The way the government are going though I may still be working in 50.
                Don't worry, you won't. Very few will.

Every job you go for you will either be over qualified or there will be more suitable candidates.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Don't worry, you won't. Very few will.

Every job you go for you will either be over qualified or there will be more suitable candidates.
                  Does that mean I can spend the rest of my life sponging off the state and watching the telly?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Hopefully employing someone to do most of the work for me, but yes. Still in IT. Will take me more than 5 years to stash away my 1.5mill 'retirement' pot when I can start doing random crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X