• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Always expect the unexpected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always expect the unexpected

you are a ball-bag

wern't expecting that, were you ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Comment

Shouldn't that be "expect the not very expected". After all the "unexpected" comprises an infinite number of possibilities, most of which are just daft or impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Shouldn't that be "expect the not very expected". After all the "unexpected" comprises an infinite number of possibilities, most of which are just daft or impossible.
        no, it was a joke based upon a common phrase.

If people commonly used the phrase "expect the not very expected" or
        if it seemed it might come into common usage at some point in the recognisable future, then I would have phrased my joke around that very line.

Maybe sometime in the future, it will become funny. Put a note in your planner

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Recent experiences make me think that set is getting smaller everyday.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
          X