• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish I was Indian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I was Indian

Watching "The family" on C4. The Dad had paratha for breakfast.

Total class.

<Imagination>
    SY01IndianMum: Son, what do you want for breakfast?
    10YearOldSY01: Paratha, Lamb Bhuna, Pilau rice, Onion Bhajee.

SY01IndianMum: OK son, coming up.
    </Imagination>

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Watching "The family" on C4. The Dad had paratha for breakfast.

Total class.

Nothing stopping you doing that anyway??
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Nothing stopping you doing that anyway??
      Well you're right I guess. I was thinking about all the free curry I missed out on as a kid by not being Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Well you're right I guess. I was thinking about all the free curry I missed out on as a kid by not being Indian.
        There's no point wishing you could have that which you didn't get.

Think: you could have been born into a vegetarian Indian family. No sausage rolls. No chops. No steak. Definitely no steak!

Think: you could have been born into a strict Muslim family. No bacon butties. No nicking a slurp of your dad's beer as a kid.

Think: you might have been born into an Indian family ... but your mum couldn't cook. Then you'd be farked. Findus Fried Pancakes and rice every day.

Anyway, Indian families make Indian curry at home. Not real, proper British curry. They do daft things like not have rice & naan and insist on fruit - fruit FFS! - in their curries. Indians know bugger all about decent curry.

You were lucky. Fried breakfasts and Frosties for breakfast made you grow up the big and strong lad you are now.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          There's no point wishing you could have that which you didn't get.

Think: you could have been born into a vegetarian Indian family. No sausage rolls. No chops. No steak. Definitely no steak!

Think: you could have been born into a strict Muslim family. No bacon butties. No nicking a slurp of your dad's beer as a kid.

Think: you might have been born into an Indian family ... but your mum couldn't cook. Then you'd be farked. Findus Fried Pancakes and rice every day.

Anyway, Indian families make Indian curry at home. Not real, proper British curry. They do daft things like not have rice & naan and insist on fruit - fruit FFS! - in their curries. Indians know bugger all about decent curry.

You were lucky. Fried breakfasts and Frosties for breakfast made you grow up the big and strong lad you are now.

Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Quite, although my mum still puts tinned peaches in her chicken curry...

Also, an Indian bloke I used to work with was always going on about an extremely hot pickle he'd brought over from home.

Eventually I managed to get him to bring some in. He was warning how deadly it was as I took my first spoonful - I've had hotter mango chutneys.

Comment

Originally posted by vandiss View Post
              Quite, although my mum still puts tinned peaches in her chicken curry...
              Got to try this .....

Comment

Go work in India for a month.

You could easily eat curry 3 times a day, every day, for 28 days.

Come back 3 stone heavier...

Comment

Did a one week training gig in Mumbai once. Apartment & driver provided. Cook made a (pretty bland) curry each evening (vegetariian, at my request). And at the canteen at lunchtime ... wow. One s/steel indented tray with 4 or w bowl depressions in it, hold it out, spoonful of this, spoonful of that. "Chapat or slice?". Fantastic.

Comment

Buy a curry cook-book, and go crazy.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X