• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotel WiFi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel WiFi

Why bother

The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s
    3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s

coughing up for Wifi I just wasted £6.99 for 3 hours worth
    3G modem cost me £15 per month
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s 3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s
    That's enough to post endless drivel in TDP

Comment

Why bother

The Cloud (Holidayinn express hotel) is currently giving me 0.1mb/s
      3G modem gives me 0.9mb/s

coughing up for Wifi I just wasted £6.99 for 3 hours worth
      You paid £6.99 when you already had near 1mb/s?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        You paid £6.99 when you already had near 1mb/s?
        Agreed, I should have checked 3G reception first, I'm a bit north and in the "sticks" so thought it wouldn't be up to much.
        Good job I'm a contractor. Tomorrows trip to the bogs for a number 2 should cover that outlay
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's enough to post endless drivel in TDP
          What's TDP? Is it a new drivel thread that I've somehow missed?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What a rip off.

Using a vodafone 3G stick 3 gig a month (18 month contract) £9.50 a month.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              What a rip off.

What a rip off.

Using an HSDPA (faster than 3G) enabled phone as a WiFi access point, 1 month contract, O2 "unlimited" web bolt-on - £5.00 a month.

Comment

What a rip off.

When I got it, it was the best on offer 18 month contract and it expires next month!
                I'll be shopping around
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                  What a rip off.

What a rip off.

Using an HSDPA (faster than 3G) enabled phone as a WiFi access point, 1 month contract, O2 "unlimited" web bolt-on - £5.00 a month.
                  What a rip off.

I have a tin can with a piece of string connected to another tin can in the monarch's winter residence at Amalienborg. When I want to obtain information from the web, I bellow the URL into the can, and HM The Queen of Denmark then reads the content aloud into the can at her end.

- threaded

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    What a rip off.

I have a tin can with a piece of string connected to another tin can in the monarch's winter residence at Amalienborg. When I want to obtain information from the web, I bellow the URL into the can, and HM The Queen of Denmark then reads the content aloud into the can at her end.

- threaded
                    What with you being to "tech minded" and all I'm suprised you don't get her to print it out and fax it over
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X