• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cannot subscribe to thread, nor see own profile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot subscribe to thread, nor see own profile

Sorry to post about this but I can't find anywnere on the site to get this sorted.

When I try to subscribe to a thread I get taken to the page

http://forums.contractoruk.com/subsc...iption&t=48316

all well and good you might think, except that page says
    jvector, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Try to go to my profile page
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/jvector.html
    and see the same.

I don't see a 'contact listmaster' type link anywhere around. Sorry again if I am being dense but any pointers?

thanks

try it again?

Comment

oh, tried it again numerous times before posting. And logged out & in again.

(Haven't done the full 'Have you tried turning it off and on again?' bit though ;-)

Comment

Do you get logged out when you try to access these pages?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Would you believe, it is now working OK. On both of those actions that I reported.

Shows that somebody is watching

Comment

Originally posted by jvector View Post
            Would you believe, it is now working OK. On both of those actions that I reported.

Shows that somebody is watching
            The God of Technology is watching. As soon as you say something doesn't work magic happens
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

if only that happened in $DAYJOB

Comment

New users' rights are limited. As you will be aware your first few posts have to be approved before being made visible. During this time you have other restrictions on your account - not being able to use the PM system, upload an avatar, subscribe to threads and also (for some odd reason) not be able to see your own profile page. Not sure why

You posted earlier, your post was approved and then a task runs every so often to upgrade users who have hit the required post count, your account was upgraded and you now have the new set of access rights.

Looking at a few changes to the forum soon so will take your comments on and make sure the site is a bit friendlier to new users. Would be much better to still be able to follow threads, even if you do not contribute much to the board.

If you have any further comments or suggestions you can now send me a PM

Comment

Woohoo! Thank you ...
                  The God of Technology is watching.
                  Q.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    ...a task runs every so often...
                    A task called scotspine

Or possibly the AtWbot... nobody's quite sure what's going on since TPD became self-aware...

Comment

Working...
                    X