• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AtW gets pwned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AtW gets pwned

Linky
    ǝןqqıʍ

Smackdown of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

He was too angry, I felt pity for him.

Comment

bitchslap
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

atw - butt fcked
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            atw - butt fcked
            He as asked me nicely to not talk about such things - so I won't.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

That's what happens when you no longer appear to be a nice fluffy squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                He as asked me nicely to not talk about such things - so I won't.
                HAB , have you ever had a Black Russian ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well, since everyone seems to have mistaken my good will for "being pwned":

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I am indeed an amateur.

I've not been making a living since the IBM PC (yes the one before the XT) was launched, not seen and worked on all of the DOS iterations since 2.1 and every Windows release since then.
                  I don't in fact have many retired MCSE's (when they meant something and weren't issued with cornflake packets) and MSP certs dating back to NT 3.51 and the current ones and I was never a CNE either.
                  I've never built corporate networks or rolled out tens of thousands of desktops and well in excess of a thousand servers with builds I've either directly engineered or managed.

For all of the tasks I've thrown at this machine since I rebuilt it It's proven to perform better since I installed Windows 7, but of course that's my purely amateur opinion and not that of a seasoned professional.

AtW you've proven yourself to be an utter t0sser on numerous occasions, ST*U, your opinion is worthless.

Ok, TykeMerc, you are not a pro. A pro would skip bad/carp OS iterations, such as (but not limited to) MS DOS 4.0, any Windows before 2.0, Windows ME, Vista.

Windows 7 is apparently better than Vista, however peformance wise it is not substantially better than Windows XP - it may boot faster apparently, not much in my install if at all, in any case I don't spend my time booting it all the time, rather working in it.

http://www.overclockers.com/index.ph...re&Itemid=4264

CBA to look for more links - I vote with my money: we stay on Windows XP Pro 64-bit, all this shiny Aero tulip is for amateurs who think they become pros by installing latest OS.

HTH

Comment

The real pros are still on Windows 2000. You loser.

Of course if you actually did want to run a grown-up O/S you'd be using one of the *NIX variants, but then your puny .Net application couldn't work I suppose?

Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                    X