• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does programming make you smarter ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smarter at what?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
      Nope. In fact to be brutally honest, if you're a very good programmer then you're probably lacking in other areas - think "Autistic Savant" but without the sexy title.

Comment

No, but a nice pair of trousers and an ironed shirt do.

HTH

Comment

holy bat sh 1tman, whats this
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Originally posted by Some Dork on programmingforums.org
            The girls seem to like me more too, but that's a whole different story. Hahaha.
            I just cannot believe that.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

"For me, it's the other way around. I find myself coding pretty sexy stuff because of my aptitude in mathematics"

I bet the girls are falling over themselves to get to him.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

It makes you smarter than a 10 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
                  it might but it reduces one's chances of getting laid

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    it might but it reduces one's chances of getting laid
                    Not true.
                    There was this one time , right, I was out on the lash in town. I was standing at the bar next to this stunning six foot blonde, she had an athletic body, very curvy and she was having an animated discussion with her red headed friend.
                    She dropped her purse and I picked it up and handed it to her, she hardly glanced at me, then she noticed my t shirt.
                    'Programmers do it in binary'

She said to me 'binary ? does that mean two at the same time ?'
                    'Look, me and my gorgeous red headed friend were looking for a horny programmer for a sizzling threesome. Would you mind obliging ?'

It would have been rude not to.

So you see kids, programming and nerdiocity do not always go together

god i'm fkng bored

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X