• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Al Qaeda really exist...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Al Qaeda really exist...

...or is it a bogeyman dreamt up by the powers that be to justify their actions?

In Iraq the battle was against "Insurgents", in Afghanistan the fight is against the Taliban. Where does Al Qaeda fit into all this?

BTW, how are we going transport all that oil out of Iraq?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    ...or is it a bogeyman dreamt up by the powers that be to justify their actions?

In Iraq the battle was against "Insurgents", in Afghanistan the fight is against the Taliban. Where does Al Qaeda fit into all this?

BTW, how are we going transport all that oil out of Iraq?
    Steady!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Yes, it is the title of a science fiction book by Asimov, translated into Arabic.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Either way it's a great way for America to send a message to the rest of the world - don't f**k with us or we'll trash your country

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
          Either way it's a great way for America to send a message to the rest of the world - don't f**k with us or we'll nick all your oil!
          FTFY

And you wonder why the US got a bloody nose 11 Sept 2001?

Comment

They must exist, an unnamed source mentioned them on CNN the other day.

PZZ

Comment

According to David Icke, no. Quite a few less loonie people also hold that view - Peter Hitchens for example.

Comment

The vast unlimited budget of the US military - and they still haven't found Osama Bin Laden. Mmmmm.

...And they've had nearly ten years.

I postulate
                1. He doesn't exist (at least in the guise we've been led to expect)
                or
                2. He has, but it's more useful to have a bogeyman.

Comment

I think it does, as a name for extremists to call themselves.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They dont exist in the form that is presented by the media. But you know what I have come to think ? People dont care. I dont care that people die out there , or whatever happens that does not really impact me or my relatives. So do you. Sure there are some that care publicly but the bulk of the population is one big horde of sheep...

I now post crap on forums , I must be doing good progress in my programming endeavours .

Comment

Working...
                    X