• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contract Tenders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Contract Tenders

Has anybody dealt with the agency IT Contract Tenders? Apparrently they don't charge their clients a fee, instead they charge the contractor to apply by way of a £1.50 per min phone call. Given the present state of the market they must be getting quite a few calls per job.

Sounds fishy to me.
    Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Sounds like easy money to me.

JeeboContracts just about to be set up. And I've got lots of jobs, so phone now...

Comment

Their pages for the results don't work!!

Tried to look at page 2 of search results and got an error. Clicked on page 1, got an error.

Doesn't fill me with too much confidence, it has to be said
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would have to go back and reread the relevant regulations carefully to see if limited companies are exempt, but I am not sure it is allowed to charge the 'worker' a fee to introduce them to a 'hirer'.

Interesting business plan though. Suspect it falls foul of premium phone call regulations too, and the contract values are suspicious, why would any company seeking tenders give a value they are prepared to pay in this market? I sure wouldn't, I would want bids.

Comment

Working...
        X