• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Five buyers for every house on the market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Five buyers for every house on the market

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...llers-one.html

Homebuyers are outnumbering sellers by a ratio of five to one, creating a price bubble, it is claimed today.

The figures come after further signs of a mortgage price war among banks and building societies.

The National Association of Estate Agents said the average estate agent branch had 287 house hunters on its books in October compared with only 57 properties for sale.

Please form an orderly queue to buy my house. I'll start with offers well over the asking price.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...llers-one.html

Homebuyers are outnumbering sellers by a ratio of five to one, creating a price bubble, it is claimed today.

The figures come after further signs of a mortgage price war among banks and building societies.

The National Association of Estate Agents said the average estate agent branch had 287 house hunters on its books in October compared with only 57 properties for sale.

Please form an orderly queue to buy my house. I'll start with offers well over the asking price.

disappointed bargain

Comment

Where I live builders just finished making 2 sites with around 200 flats: I wonder how they are going to sell them...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Where I live builders just finished making 2 sites with around 200 flats: I wonder how they are going to sell them...
        10,000,000 immigrants are due over the next few years under Labour plans to increase immigration. BTL'ers will snap up those flats and rent them to the new arrivals.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          10,000,000 immigrants are due over the next few years under Labour plans to increase immigration. BTL'ers will snap up those flats and rent them to the new arrivals.
          I thought it was 20 million?? In fact some of the ones already here will have to leave to make space for the new ones.

PZZ

Comment

So 5 for each house....1,000 for every mortgage on offer....

PZZ

Comment

When the music stopped, those sitting in houses became the owners and those without became the owned.

Comment

The boom will never end. It's high time someone made Gordo President for Life of Planet Earth.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  The boom will never end. It's high time someone made Gordo President for Life of Planet Earth.
                  I'd prefer Andyw. He has more charm, higher intelligence and better judgement.

Comment

Working...
                  X