• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can agents actually read?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can agents actually read?

Just been turned down by agent on grounds of 'living too far away from client', who is in the Hague. OK, so I live 200 kms from client, but there are two home towns named in f**king big letters in my CV; one of them is Haarlem, where I have a small appartment which I share with 2 other contractors so that I can carry out work in Western Holland; FFS, Haarlem is 30 minutes on the train from the Hague.

Agents, ffs READ!

Besides, I'm not some weedy permie who insists on going home at 5 o'clock. I'm a contractor; I will work anywhere the client wants me to work and find a place to sleep; that's my problem, not the client's problem.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 6 November 2009, 15:43.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Why put your address on your CV?

Then you can say you live in the same town as the role.

I've been doing it for a decade.

Also stops HR depts saying that you don't meet their carbon policy - as you travel more than 30 miles!

Comment

Sounds to me like you have too much time on your hands... why don't you get a job or something to fill the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        Sounds to me like you have too much time on your hands... why don't you get a job or something to fill the time...
        You sound Gay, are you one of SASGURU's sockpuppets/rentboys?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You sound Gay, are you one of SASGURU's sockpuppets/rentboys?
          How do you sound gay on a forum? Granted feelling quite jolly right now

Apart from that you sound like a bit of a numbnut? Are you a numbnut?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Just been turned down by agent on grounds of 'living too far away from client', who is in the Hague. OK, so I live 200 kms from client, but there are two home towns named in f**king big letters in my CV; one of them is Haarlem, where I have a small appartment which I share with 2 other contractors so that I can carry out work in Western Holland; FFS, Haarlem is 30 minutes on the train from the Hague.

Agents, ffs READ!

Besides, I'm not some weedy permie who insists on going home at 5 o'clock. I'm a contractor; I will work anywhere the client wants me to work and find a place to sleep; that's my problem, not the client's problem.

A short answer to can they read? - NO
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hey thanks, Churchill. Your avatar reminded me I have to buy a hairdryer for my niece's birthday.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X