• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV Programmes You Watched As A Child...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Programmes You Watched As A Child...

Why Don't You / Heidi (the translated one with the wildly out lip-syncing) / Dogtanian and the 3 Muskahounds...

I always loved Round The Twist, remember that, the australian one? Was it Australian actually, am doubting myself now.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I always loved Round The Twist, remember that, the australian one? Was it Australian actually, am doubting myself now.
      Was that like The Sullivans ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Was that like The Sullivans ?
        Nah. It was "a series based on the funny, fantastic and exciting experiences of the remarkable Twist family who try to get away from it all by leaving the city to make their new home in a lighthouse on the rugged Australian coast. It's here that the Twist kids discover some unpredictable ghosts and monsters."

The theme tune was ace.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

The series is set in a dystopian future in which Britain is under the grip of the Home Office's Department of Public Control (PCD), a tyrannically oppressive bureaucracy riding roughshod over the population's civil liberties.

Edward Woodward plays Jim Kyle, a journalist on the last independent newspaper called The Star, who turns renegade and begins to fight the PCD covertly. The officials of the PCD, in turn, try to provide proof of Kyle's subversive activities.

A bit too much like 2009 - Piers Morgan plays Jim Kyle....???

Or maybe not....

NB... I wonder why the BBC haven't released it on DVD?

Comment

The very first episode of Doctor Who in 1963.

Winston Churchill's state funeral in 1965
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Wacky Races. A bunch of us used to go round a mate's house after school and cheer on the Slag brothers.

It was followed by Space Family Robinson.

Comment

The list is endless, probably 100s of different shows.. Nearly everything i liked was imported.

Battle of the planets.
                Knight rider.
                Airwolf.
                Automan.
                Whizz Kids.
                Hong kong phooey.
                Penelope pitstop.
                Thundercats.
                Dungeons and Dragons.
                Ullyeses 31.

Then there is loads of obsure stuff that has been forgotten..

The Adventure Game.
                Galloping Galaxies.
                Chocky.
                Baggy pants and the knit twits.
                Tarzan lord of the jungle (cartoon).

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Nah. It was "a series based on the funny, fantastic and exciting experiences of the remarkable Twist family who try to get away from it all by leaving the city to make their new home in a lighthouse on the rugged Australian coast. It's here that the Twist kids discover some unpredictable ghosts and monsters."

The theme tune was ace.
                  Can you sing a couple of bars for us please ?

Comment

Who thought She-Ra (He-Man's equivalent) was quite fit then ?

Comment

Working...
                    X