• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

Current contract is up on 18th December. Had a phone call out of the blue from my agency last night..... ClientCo have offered me an extension until end of June 2010 at the same rate....Result!!

Amazed it's come through so early and noone in ClientCo had even mentioned it to me yet

Congratulations Mr Whippy.

Comment

Result!
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Congrats!

Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Had all the details from the agency regarding the extension, but they've said that as the T's & C's haven't changed at all from my existing contract I will only get an "extension letter" which confirms the new end date and that I wont be getting a signed contract.

Is this normal? Should I be asking for a proper contract to be signed by both parties? or is a letter from them good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              Had all the details from the agency regarding the extension, but they've said that as the T's & C's haven't changed at all from my existing contract I will only get an "extension letter" which confirms the new end date and that I wont be getting a signed contract.

Is this normal? Should I be asking for a proper contract to be signed by both parties? or is a letter from them good enough?
              Usually good enough in the past, does what it says on the tin

Congrats
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Yes that's normal and all OK, but do check your original contract because it might in theory afford different conditions to an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post

Yes - as long as it says that the terms and conditions are no different than those already agreed, and confirms the end date.

I would write back when you get it, and acknowledge the key points (new end date, notice period, rate, etc.) to make sure that there are no inconsistencies between your understanding and theirs.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Projects can be cancelled at any time, your only as good as your notice period.

Comment

Working...
                    X