• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The army and our return in investment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The army and our return in investment

Serious question.

With all the money we spend on them why cannot they finish the job? years they have been in Afghanistan and they are still getting the run around.

We all kick off when we see government contracts in IT coming in late, but why are the army getting off lightly? They said they could do the job but obviously are not capable of bettering a bunch of farmers they said were won over with their heart and minds drivel 5 years ago.

Why can't they just finish the job?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Why won't you join them and help them finish the job there? Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why won't you join them and help them finish the job there? Seriously!
      That kind of says "be part of the problem to forget the question".

Comment

That kind of says "be part of the problem to forget the question".
        I just wished I knew what we are doing there.

Comment

If the goverment said that the ID card system was complete 5 years ago and then failed to roll it out we would going postal, why do the army get away with this?

Comment

Like most projects - bad senior management.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Serious question.

With all the money we spend on them why cannot they finish the job? years they have been in Afghanistan and they are still getting the run around.

We all kick off when we see government contracts in IT coming in late, but why are the army getting off lightly? They said they could do the job but obviously are not capable of bettering a bunch of farmers they said were won over with their heart and minds drivel 5 years ago.

Because the human rights mob stop them doing the job properly in the first place dumb arse.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Like most projects - bad senior management.
                It does not help when grunts on the ground are shooting up innocent people, or pilots dropping bombs on the odd wedding party. They are often a national embarrassment these bold troops of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Because the human rights mob stop them doing the job properly in the first place dumb arse.
                  I thought they were there to give human rights, or at least that was the message they gave.

"Women do not have to wear the burka now we are here" yadda, yadda.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Do you think it was human rights mob who prevented USSR from winning war in Afganistan? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                    X