• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open all hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open all hours

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6907991.ece

Nice to encourage risk taking to up the immigrant count at all costs.

In the US the sky would be, ahem, black with class action suites over being victims of crime, lost jobs, etc.

Yet, 'call me Dave' says nothing. An open goal but the boy won't take the shot. I think that he is deliberately trying to throw the next election (if we have one).
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

What's the army doing in Afghanistan when it should be over here protecting the government and their pay masters?

Comment

Can't believe nobody is making more of this. It's a frikkin disgrace, worse than the expenses scandal IMO.

Comment

The country is pumped and I am only here because I have not been able to convince the gf to leave, yet.

Comment

They let me in.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              They let me in.
              Ain't got a problem with someone with your obvious abilities coming into the country and remaining here permanently. I do with the 10 Romanian beggars I will be walking past tomorrow who are already given free housing and free food.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Ain't got a problem with someone with your obvious abilities coming into the country and remaining here permanently.

Labour sure screwed up on immigration front - I don't think it was evil plan though, when it comes to Govt (any for this matter), then the first most likely reason is incompetence (and not giving a tulip about results of their actions or inactions) rather than conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Labour sure screwed up on immigration front - I don't think it was evil plan though, when it comes to Govt (any for this matter), then the first most likely reason is incompetence (and not giving a tulip about results of their actions or inactions) rather than conspiracy.
                  Was there not some labour advisor in the last couple of weeks that said the goverment did have a policy of 'getting it up the right wing' on immigration to prove a point? Seem to remember a times article getting posted on here.

Edity: Mail linky

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ltural-UK.html
                  Last edited by minestrone; 8 November 2009, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Was there not some labour advisor in the last couple of weeks that said the goverment did have a policy of 'getting it up the right wing' on immigration to prove a point? Seem to remember a times article getting posted on here.
                    That's what they said, but I don't think this is result of a well implemented policy, I think they just put a spin for internal customers on this failure.

Most certainly they got lobbied by big business on IT front - I got my first work permit in late 2000, they just relaxed rules in early 2000: it enabled to bypass local employment test with job needing to be advertised for X weeks in local press, in my case it was honest application (in my view), but it sure created an easy to abuse loophole.

Comment

Working...
                    X