• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Differentiating between reality and gameplay...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differentiating between reality and gameplay...

I saved several hundreds of pounds buying Microsoft Flight Sim, yoke, throttles and rudder pedals and UK Airports software to practise for my Instrument Rating, achieving it in the minimum numbers of hours. Great thing was downloading the realtime weather before I went off for the lesson, practice the IR trip on the simulator and then do it for real.

Looks like the US army following this lead as well.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4460082.stm
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Did you take the red pill or the green pill this morning ?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      I saved several hundreds of pounds buying Microsoft Flight Sim, yoke, throttles and rudder pedals and UK Airports software to practise for my Instrument Rating, achieving it in the minimum numbers of hours. Great thing was downloading the realtime weather before I went off for the lesson, practice the IR trip on the simulator and then do it for real.

You'd be a prime candidate for that new TV "Reality Show" Space Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
        Did you take the red pill or the green pill this morning ?
        It's blue, you excuse for a colour blind retard arse bandit.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
          You'd be a prime candidate for that new TV "Reality Show" Space Cadets
          That actually looks like it could be a good show - how they managed to fool those into thinking they were going to space is quite intriguing.

Comment

That actually looks like it could be a good show - how they managed to fool those into thinking they were going to space is quite intriguing.

Der! There lives where so dull they were easily fooled, and they topped up in "Duty Free" at the launchpad

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
              Der! Their lives were so dull they were easily fooled, and they topped up in "Duty Free" at the launchpad
              "We've taken a big risk with Space Cadets, and we don't know who will have the last laugh," said Channel 4's factual entertainment commissioning editor Angela Jain.
              Mind you, it will be interesting to see how they keep up the pretence. It would be a disappointment if the candidates are total retards.
              Last edited by hyperD; 25 November 2005, 17:52.

Comment

Space Cadets

B*gger, can't get Channel 4 here and it sounds like an interesting program to watch. Especially with all the conspiracy theories that man has never actually set foot on the moon...

Anyone care to tape it and stick it on a server somewhere as a Divx file?

Comment

So you are the person who bought some software from Microsoft
                  Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
                    So you are the person who bought some software from Microsoft
                    Yes. It was Microsoft Flight Sim 2004. And?

Comment

Working...
                    X