• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Gordon Brown give a stuff about our troops?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Gordon Brown give a stuff about our troops?

I don't think so. He strikes me as a WWI general, looking at troops as fodder for the enemy, just numbers to throw into the firing line. Lack of equipment, lack of support, hastily written sympathy letter. Saw him on the remembrance show on Saturday, he looked bored, like he couldn't wait to be elsewhere.

He is an accountant who should not have been allowed to make actual decisions on what money is spent, and especially where revenue is raised.

Comment

I doubt that the evil snot goblin has any idea what is going on; he lost all contact with reality a long time ago.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        I don't think so. He strikes me as a WWI general, looking at troops as fodder for the enemy, just numbers to throw into the firing line. Lack of equipment, lack of support, hastily written sympathy letter. Saw him on the remembrance show on Saturday, he looked bored, like he couldn't wait to be elsewhere.
        I think he does.

As regards his "hastily written sympathy letter", the guy just can't win. If he doesn't write (as George W. Bush never did), then he's accused of not caring. If he writes, but it's a typed letter that he signs, he's going to be accused of delegating it to someone else, and he probably didn't even sign it himself, etc. etc. If he writes a handwritten letter, then he's damned because his handwriting isn't neat. That's how he writes, though. It's not a lack of caring, or any less, it's how the guy writes, FFS.

As AtW says, he's an accountant... Sadly, that's not enough in the celebrity obsessed culture in which we find ourselves - people would rather have a vacuous smiley boy politician who doesn't have an opinion or a policy on anything (but can tell you what they won't do, rather than what they will) than someone who can't pull off a decent public appearnace and you tube video.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

A spelling mistake, to me it proves how rabid the media are these days to have a story to fill the 24 hours news channels in their ratings war. They will hype this up all day until the next minor thing comes along tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If he writes a handwritten letter, then he's damned because his handwriting isn't neat. That's how he writes, though. It's not a lack of caring, or any less, it's how the guy writes, FFS.
            If I write a handwritten letter to my daughter's school explaining why she's been off sick, I make sure it's neat. If he's writing to someone who's lost a loved one, the least he can do is make sure it's neat, and that he spells the surname correctly. FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              As AtW says, he's an accountant... Sadly, that's not enough in the celebrity obsessed culture in which we find ourselves - people would rather have a vacuous smiley boy politician who doesn't have an opinion or a policy on anything (but can tell you what they won't do, rather than what they will) than someone who can't pull off a decent public appearnace and you tube video.
              He is NO accountant, he counldn't balance the books on a whelk stall.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                He is an accountant who should not have been allowed to make actual decisions on what money is spent, and especially where revenue is raised.
                You do a disservice to the accounting profession. Firstly, is Brown a qualified accountant?

Secondly, he creates too much legislation, his legislation is overcomplicated, and it is woolly with too many loopholes. An accountant with real-world experience would not do this.

Lastly, he doesn't seem to understand the principle of balancing the books.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  A spelling mistake, to me it proves how rabid the media are these days to have a story to fill the 24 hours news channels in their ratings war. They will hype this up all day until the next minor thing comes along tomorrow.
                  If he too fecking lazy to write a proper letter of condolence, maybe he shouldn't have written one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    Regardless of the letter, Brown seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights with this war. I don't think he knows what to do, and has sort of ignored it hoping it would go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X