• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wafflers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wafflers

Don't you just hatem? I have a tester who could talk for England. We have changed development teams, and outsourced to the Ukraine

The developers out there are actually quite good I think, but the language barrier is huge. I was involved in drafting some requirements for them and they gave their estimates. Then they came back with questions. BASIC QUESTIONS

A conf call was no help either owing to the language barrier so I suggested presenting a storyboard to them. It got the point across, and they then said they couldn't deliver against the original estimates as the requirements had changed. Well, they hadn't, only that their understanding of the requirements has changed.

So the requirements gathering process is under some scrutiny. I (as the BA) am likey to get some stick. I have been interviewing some of the team to find out what their main issues with the requirements specifications are.

And, ladies and gentlemen, we have a waffler. The tester. OMFG. Has clearly read loads of books and is good at spouting them.

I managed to condense down all his drivel to some lucid points, and have added them to the document template. My concern is that he will always be on the attack, and knows how to blind the powers that be with bulltulip.

Anyone?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Ask him....

Why do you always talk carp?

Then say...

Just answer the f'ing question - I'm not interested in how clever you think you are!!

Then helpfully say...

I think you need to improve your social skills - perhaps HR can arrange a course?

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

And, ladies and gentlemen, we have a waffler.
      Aye well now you know how we feel

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        Ask him....

Why do you always talk carp?

Then say...

Just answer the f'ing question - I'm not interested in how clever you think you are!!

Then helpfully say...

I think you need to improve your social skills - perhaps HR can arrange a course?

HTH
        Thereby setting the bar for good people skills.

Comment

Thereby setting the bar for good people skills.

Well just put up with it then...

Comment

Don't you just hatem? I have a tester who could talk for England. We have changed development teams, and outsourced to the Ukraine

The developers out there are actually quite good I think, but the language barrier is huge. I was involved in drafting some requirements for them and they gave their estimates. Then they came back with questions. BASIC QUESTIONS

A conf call was no help either owing to the language barrier so I suggested presenting a storyboard to them. It got the point across, and they then said they couldn't deliver against the original estimates as the requirements had changed. Well, they hadn't, only that their understanding of the requirements has changed.
            Sounds like you're up a creek without a Pavel.

IGMC
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Sounds like you're up a creek without a Pavel.

IGMC
              From google

"No definitions of Pavel were found in English"

Comment

From google

"No definitions of Pavel were found in English"
                Pavel is the Slavic version of Paul; Ukranian developers, poor communication, up a creek . . . . oh I give up.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X