• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Workers win £45m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Workers win £45m

An eight-strong syndicate of Hewlett Packard IT workers in Liverpool arrived at work on Monday morning totally unaware they were around £5.5 million richer each following last Friday’s £91 million jackpot draw.

A colleague who checked the ticket broke the news to them and they are said to have resigned on the spot en masse.

They are all based at BT’s offices in Liverpool city centre. A company source said: "The lucky people do work in our Wood Street centre in Liverpool.

"They are employed by Hewlett Packard or by Manpower to do internal IT work, computer support.

"Some of them went to work this morning not actually knowing anything about it. Someone from Camelot turned up and whisked them away."

Jubilant co-workers wheeled a toy horse's head, wearing sunglasses and a fleece jacket to a glass window at reception and adorned it with a sign reading “Lotto Winner” before opening the door and telling waiting media to form an orderly queue for interviews.
    Lucky lucky beggers!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...y-winners.html

EDIT: drat, I see this was done yesterday
    Last edited by Platypus; 10 November 2009, 07:52.

8 gigs up for grabs soon in Liverpool then ?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      8 gigs up for grabs soon in Liverpool then ?
      LOL where do i send my CV.

Waits for some bright spark to post Manpower's address

a toy horse's head, wearing sunglasses and a fleece jacket to a glass window at reception
      Ok this one is lost on me
      Last edited by northernladuk; 10 November 2009, 09:05.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

me mam said there was a bit of a crush in the post office yesterday. A queue of eight people in front getting tax discs but no one knew where the forms were kept

igmc

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          me mam said there was a bit of a crush in the post office yesterday. A queue of eight people in front getting tax discs but no one knew where the forms were kept

igmc

Since the system changed I tax mine online. The system works fine until the postman gets hold of it and then it is only by chance that I receive it. DVLA had to send it three times last year.

I didn’t want the hassle this year so I went to the PO. Like other people I was confused that you no longer need forms. The miserable git behind the counter kept repeating “You can do thin online… no need to bother the Post Office”
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The miserable git behind the counter kept repeating “You can do thin online… no need to bother the Post Office”
            My local PO is grateful for the extra business. Any who grumble deserve to be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Since the system changed I tax mine online. The system works fine until the postman gets hold of it and then it is only by chance that I receive it. DVLA had to send it three times last year.

I didn’t want the hassle this year so I went to the PO. Like other people I was confused that you no longer need forms. The miserable git behind the counter kept repeating “You can do thin online… no need to bother the Post Office”
              soz. it was a bit of a joke that there are now 8 people in Liverpool who will be getting a tax disc..........

aw fergeddit
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

soz. it was a bit of a joke that there are now 8 people in Liverpool who will be getting a tax disc..........

aw fergeddit
                I got it EO.

I guess they can afford their own sky boxes now, they can remove that wire from the street lamp too.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

aw fergeddit
                  I spent a full minute trying to find the pun in the words "tax disc"
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I dont need that joke explaining either EO - but then i do live in Manchester
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X