• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

helicopter blades

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helicopter blades

Gordo explains the problem with our helicopters

The reason the Merlins, er, came back from Iraq and are in the country and about to go out to Afghanistan is that they have to be completely remodelled with new blades because you cannot fly the Merlins that were flying in Iraq in Afghanistan, which is a different terrain, er, and, er, the height is different and the, the temperature is different.

I had to stop reading halfway through that, it was like a rejected script from "The Thick of It"
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

"The helicopter pilots have got to go to America to be trained in the high altitude and in night light."

So the country which practically invented night bombing and fighting and used it to devastating effect in WW2 has to send it´s helicopter pilots to the US to learn how to fly at night?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        This has brought me to the unusual state of feeling rather sorry for Gordon Brown.

The poor sod can't win no matter what he does.

The Texas moron never wrote a single letter to a bereaved family, nor attended the repatriation of a single dead soldier.
        retard cowboy fella

Comment

I think I am beginning to get to the nub of Gordos problem here.
          Any normal person would say
          'well the choppers had to be refitted before being sent into theatre'

but he has to go into the detail, to try to be the expert.

I am beginning to think this is why he fooked around with over-complicating the tax regime etc.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The Texas moron never wrote a single letter to a bereaved family, nor attended the repatriation of a single dead soldier.
            USA army has got much better kit, Bush was moron but USA as a country invested plenty into helicopters and other stuff. The reason Presidents there don't write such letters are probably historical, plus their losses much higher due to bigger involvement so that's not practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              "The helicopter pilots have got to go to America to be trained in the high altitude and in night light."

So the country which practically invented night bombing and fighting and used it to devastating effect in WW2 has to send it´s helicopter pilots to the US to learn how to fly at night?
              Don't we have night over here also? It's a helicopter - you can pick your own altitude. If it's not higher, then go up a bit more!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                If it's not higher, then go up a bit more!
                IIU Gordo correctly - that's the problem. They need to land and get their blades changed before they can go up higher.

Comment

Just as well this practice of writing to family of every casualty wasn't around in Field Marshal Hague's day.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This explains it all quite well.

Buy some ******* off the shelf helicopters Gordon. You *****.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X