• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you ever feel like you are being watched?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever feel like you are being watched?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...eb-search.html

State to 'spy' on every phone call, email and web search.

Every phone call, text message, email and website visit made by private citizens is to be stored for a year and will be available for monitoring by government bodies.

If you are wondering why, it is to keep you safe.

That (project Echelon) was implemented years ago. As was the logging of all emails; that has been a requirement for 2 or 3 years.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

They are going to Luuuuuuuvvvvvvv me.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It might become a bit harder to do it once SSL becomes default connection type.

Comment

Confused by this. Sure I saw a headline this morning stating that that project had been kicked into touch for the time being.

No doubt however that it is coming eventually... unless we make it otherwise.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

This is what happens when the government no longer consider themselves servants of the public and the government fears the populous.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
              Confused by this. Sure I saw a headline this morning stating that that project had been kicked into touch for the time being.

No doubt however that it is coming eventually... unless we make it otherwise.
              The development for this is well underway.

DV C++ Developer, Linux, Test, South West Contract

Our client requires a DV Cleared C++ Developer to join their team.

Your experience should be in writing software closely related to hardware, rather than in enterprise software applications.
              You will also have experience of C++ development on a Linux platform.
              You will carry out testing prior to release to users and react to any change requests.
              You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.

Please forward your C.V. in the first instance to apply. We would be delighted to hear from you!
              Location South West
              Country England
              Start Date ASAP/November 2009/December 2009
              Duration 3 months ++
              Rate Excellent Rates
              Employment Business DataSource Computer Employment
              Contact Resource Team
              Telephone 01242 521358
              Fax 01242 222295
              Email [email protected]
              Reference JS - C++ - 950
              Posted Date 04/11/2009 13:17:47

Comment

Bummer.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...eb-search.html

State to 'spy' on every phone call, email and web search.

Every phone call, text message, email and website visit made by private citizens is to be stored for a year and will be available for monitoring by government bodies.

If you are wondering why, it is to keep you safe.
                  We should organise a Europe wide ´send a lot of emails day´. If the state are looking for a needle in a haystack, why not make the haystack bigger?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    We should organise a Europe wide ´send a lot of emails day´. If the state are looking for a needle in a haystack, why not make the haystack bigger?
                    Yes, and add the following footer to all of them;

I am not and have never been a terrorist. I don't like bombs and would never build one. I don't like guns that much either. I also disapprove of Al Qaeda. Please direct your terrorist efforts to something more meaningful than blanket monitoring of the population.

That should bring the number of false positives up considerably...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X