• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lots of job cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of job cuts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8352231.stm

Lloyds Banking Group is to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of next year.

As some of these cuts refer to temporary staff, the bank said the end result would be a permanent loss of 2,600 jobs in the UK.

A spokesman said the move would reduce overlap between divisions following the merger between Lloyds and HBOS last year.

Most of the cuts will come in its operations unit, which includes IT, collections and payment services.

At least the bench makers will be happy.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8352231.stm

Lloyds Banking Group is to cut 5,000 jobs by the end of next year.

As some of these cuts refer to temporary staff, the bank said the end result would be a permanent loss of 2,600 jobs in the UK.

A spokesman said the move would reduce overlap between divisions following the merger between Lloyds and HBOS last year.

Most of the cuts will come in its operations unit, which includes IT, collections and payment services.

At least the bench makers will be happy.
    Wasn't Lloyds the bank that was actually doing OK until El Gordo told them to buy another bank that was, to put it mildly, fuqqed?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Wasn't Lloyds the bank that was actually doing OK until El Gordo told them to buy another bank that was, to put it mildly, fuqqed?
      Yes

Comment

you won't be suprosed to hear that these job cuts will mean certain budgets somewhere are met and so the overpaid directors can earn the 100k yearly bonuses too

I am so glad our tax payers money is being used to rob the poor and pay the rich.

Comment

They've had some of these employee's at home for months, I have a mate who failed to get his own job at interview and he's been sat at home for 9 months on 90kpa.

At least he'll stop bragging about it... until he gets his five figure redundancy cheque.

Bankers? I 5hit 'em.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It was doing really well.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Bankers? I 5hit 'em.
              Sounds painful.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                you won't be suprosed to hear that these job cuts will mean certain budgets somewhere are met and so the overpaid directors can earn the 100k yearly bonuses too

I am so glad our tax payers money is being used to rob the poor and pay the rich.
                Indians

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Sounds painful.
                  http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/pro...roducts_id=877
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I dunno, we contractors sit about all day, posting in forums, browsing the net for for £400 to £550 a day on average, and whinge about bankers ... glass houses and all that ... know when you've got it good ...

Comment

Working...
                    X